Used 2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews - 402 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

3rd owner of well maintained 2003 350z
By BC1

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 350Z about 8 months ago with 86,000 miles. I was the 3rd owner of this vehicle and prior owners had maintained and garaged this 350Z all of its life. I looked at about 4 other 350Zs but didn't buy them because I could tell that the vehicles had been driven hard and not maintained well. Finally I found my 350Z and I have loved driving it ever since. I did some preventative maintenance (Transmission service, new tires, flush and change of fluids) and it runs like a champ. I have taken four to eight hour trips to neighboring states and this vehicle is a dream to drive on the open road. For having so much power this vehicle gets good gas mileage. I look for reasons to go shopping or the store just so I pull this little sports car out and drive it. For being 13 years old this car gets lots of looks.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Brandon Barnes

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It's not a family car, but a true sports car! Very reliable car haven't had any problems with the 350. I been driving it for nine year and it's something very special to own.

1 Owner; Driven 4500/year for 13 years
By Ray Henley

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hello, over the 13 years I've owned this car I would give this car an A. Through regular maintenance, including exterior/interior detailing every 1-2 years, this car has surpassed my expectations. I've added a cold-air K/N intake system and a "cat-back" Borla exhaust system (sounds not too aggressive, but nice) performance-wise. Also, I have Nismo body-kit parts added, i.e., rear spoiler and side skirts. Also, I've installed an after-market hood (Varona) which has
stylish vents and a louvre as well as a VIS-racing front-bumper cover. All of the exterior additions add a nice sporty look to the car. Oh, I also have had the emblems and the wheels painted matte-gold which goes very well with the dark maroon color of the car. I'm hesitant to sell the car, but feel I've had
enough time with it. On the negative side, there are a few scratches on the exterior paint; the cup holder is plastic and is difficult to push-in (which is why I usually just leave it out); and the map lights need replacement.

Home Run Z
By William Ingram

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan did an amazing job in nearly every aspect of this design. Started from the ground up and built a beautiful car. The 2003 350Z design has not aged and in fact, actually looks better than the newer 370Z.

The car was purchased new and garaged day and night. Washed and waxed very frequently. Extremely dependable. Zero problems in thirteen years of ownership. Simply an amazing car. Prior to purchase, I tested the Porsche 911 four times before buying. The Z was nearly equal in performance for less than half the price. Unbelievable!

What a sports car is all about
By Billy D

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my car for over 6 years and purchased it new. It is a true driver's car with emphasis on going fast and doing it well. Practicality and comfort are afterthoughts. The trunk will take a reasonable amount of stuff, as long as you "pour" it around the strut brace. Its handling is very confidence inspiring and the car always eggs me on. It's like it's always taunting me: "You know, you could've taken that turn faster!" I recently replaced the OEM tires with BF Goodrich KDW's. Gas mileage plummeted, but grip is outrageous. The new tires turned my Z from a nice car to a race car. Engine is fantastic: incredibly reliable, predictable, smooth

Handling, engine that has great low-end torque and pulls hard at high revs, brakes. The car's formula: simple car with stout engine, tight suspension, fluid steering, strong brakes = back road burner.

Improve Nissan service - bad experience with multiple dealers Better paint