Used 2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

What a sports car is all about
By Billy D

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my car for over 6 years and purchased it new. It is a true driver's car with emphasis on going fast and doing it well. Practicality and comfort are afterthoughts. The trunk will take a reasonable amount of stuff, as long as you "pour" it around the strut brace. Its handling is very confidence inspiring and the car always eggs me on. It's like it's always taunting me: "You know, you could've taken that turn faster!" I recently replaced the OEM tires with BF Goodrich KDW's. Gas mileage plummeted, but grip is outrageous. The new tires turned my Z from a nice car to a race car. Engine is fantastic: incredibly reliable, predictable, smooth

Handling, engine that has great low-end torque and pulls hard at high revs, brakes. The car's formula: simple car with stout engine, tight suspension, fluid steering, strong brakes = back road burner.

Improve Nissan service - bad experience with multiple dealers Better paint

Best car I've ever owned.
By Spilner

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 86k on it and have not regretted it a single time! I was amazed at the gas mileage (22-25 city, 27-30 hwy) and the power and torque is great. I can run even with modded mustangs and newer turbo bmw's and can smoke most other cars. I've beat pretty hard on the car for about 12k miles now and it's held up to everything without complaint! The only problem I had was with the stock Bose subamp cutting out but there's an easy DIY fix for that which takes about 15 mins. Nissan built this car to last 200k and it's very obvious the quality they put into this car. Just make sure to have a set of snow tires on hand =P

I love the heated power seats, power, easily modded and sounds great with an short ram intake. Looks super sharp black on black, I get compliments everywhere on the looks.

The radio itself is pretty crappy but that's nothing too expensive to replace. I don't have any other complaints about the car.

350z enthusiast 5spd auto
By Alek

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my orange 350s with 107k miles on it, now it has 114k and still running with no problems. A few minor things such as flex pipes for the exhaust and a door seal which the tab broke off need to be fixed. Other than that its a great car, quick, responsive, it corners tight and comfortably, and takes a lot of concentration to keep your foot out of the throttle, its clear this car was built to run on a track.

Body styling, seat comfort (larger sides of the seat to lock the driver and passenger in, however not good for bigger people), dash layout, tight cornering, and the overall feel of the car. Test drive an American sports car then go test drive a 350z, there is no comparison.

Without a doubt the cup holders need to be relocated from behind the drivers hip. Possibly offer an AWD version of the next Z car so that I can actually drive it in the winter.

A fast, reliable, loud beast!
By Ski

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car at 28,000 miles. It's sitting currently at 91,000, with no problems or major issues yet and upon my full inspection, nothing building. This car is extremely fast, with the new exhaust I put on it, amongst other engine modifications I've done, is louder than any other Z I've been around. It definitely turns heads! Even though I'm getting ready to sell my Z for a older muscle car, I'll get another one here soon. These cars are reliable as anything and are what they're supposed to be, a raw, fast, no bar's held performance vehicle.

The Brickyard red! Plus the modularity, as everyone's got a Go- Faster part for this car. The ease of use, the power and performance.

The only thing that I hate, and my god I hate it, is the stereo system. I thought Bose was supposed to be good? Mine keeps on blowing the subwoofer and side speakers. Not pleased by that.

Fun and Reliable
By Teri

2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The automatic/manual shift gives me flexibility for the road type. This car starts and stops precisely. After 4 years, I still enjoy driving it. People are always asking about the car's speed and agility. It draws a lot of attention. And it's FUN.

Quick start. Great braking abilility.

Improved Bose system. The CD changer stopped working after 2 years.