2003 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
problems
By robert on 08/02/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

the car has had countless trips to the dealer for tranny, clutch, suspension, window motors,and audio....all of it has been replaced once or more times! There is countless tsb's on the vehicle as well, i suggest if you get a z get an 06 because i heard that they have improved most of the problems.

Best Value in a Sports Car
By Best Value on 12/29/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had 3 Z's and this is the best. Performance is excellent; handling is as good as a Porsche and driving it is fun. The ride is harsh, but that's the way it is with a true sports car. The rear visibility is poor and the stock tires are terrible in wet or snowy weather, so you have to replace them with quality G/T sports car tires that have a good rating is wet weather. Terrific performance for the money.

It's not all good
By JIM on 05/19/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it new. Have 20k miles. Still happy with performance but not real happy with anything else. I'm glad it's my wife's daily driver, not mine. Alignment was off from inception and it wore the tires prematurely on the inside tread. Dealer realigned the car but nissan refused to replace the worn tires at 14,000 mi. Ever since then there is an extremely offensive howl from the front end. All guest passengers comment on the noises and finish with "well, i wouldn't buy one". I'm going to have to replace the tires when they appear to be only 50 % worn due to the how.L. It's been back to the dealer several times due to the problem. No guarantees that $500 new tires will fix the noise.

350Z Review after 25,000 miles
By 350Z Review 12/04 on 12/20/04 20:47 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my 350Z for almost 2 years and drive it on 1-5 hour trips and around town. It is fast and reliable and has never been in the shop except for 1 tire recall (I got 2 new tires after 18,000 miles) and normal maintenance. The Z is fun to drive - the 6 speed makes the experience better. The ride is acceptable for a sports car, the interior is plain, however the outside is still fashionable and the 3.5 L engine is the best. I miss a back seat, but for the price, you get a lot for your money. I call it my poor man's Porsche - I tell my Porsche owner friends that I can buy 2 Z's for the price of 1 Porsche and enjoy it more. You can't go wrong with the price, power, and look.

Enthusiast Silver 2003 edition
By georgyo on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Nissan, Overall, it is a great sports car, gets a lot of attention driving and performs well. Had the OEM battery replaced already after 1 year since it had a bad cell and would not start. The interior plastic feels kind of hollow in center console. It is very hard to see rear objects for sure while backing up. It is rather easy to update Audio\Video components in this car!

Fun drive, back and forth to the dealer!
By JMozz on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely worth the small amount of money to go to enthusiast. Traction control alone is worth 1500. Can't beat this car for the money in a fun to drive sports car. I loved every minute of it, just a shame I had so many problems. If they fix the issues for 2004, don't pass up the opportunity to enjoy a true sports car for a great price!

Race Car
By JWC on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I traded in a 1999 Corvette and the difference is amazing. You don't get the neck snapping acceleration of the vette, but this car is much more fun to drive. Very sporty, fun to drive. I autocross- I have raced it 3 times in 2004 so far and it has been great! I would buy again.

Putting the Fun Back in Driving
By herz on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350Z is just a blast to drive. Can you say flat cornering? I can! The 350Z corners like a dream. Can you say quick smooth braking? I can! Go from 50 MPH to stop in no time, but not feel like you are doing a sudden stop. Accelerating on short highway on-ramps is almost too easy. I sometimes find myself doing 80 mph as I merge into the highway traffic.

2003 350z
By mdmike on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I want to mention that the only thing that real upsets me about my car is the tire issue. I have been back to the dealer twice now to fix the Tire growl and feathering issue. Quite frankly it's still not fixed. I have read alot of articles and they all seem to bring this issue up. Nissan really needs to step up and address this issue. The alignment and tire rotation that they recommend does not work. After it was applied to my car it seemed ok for about 1500 miles then the growl started to come back. I plan on bring the car back a third time.

Fun, cheap pocket rocket
By brettbest on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car compares favorably with every car Ive owned. Toyota MR2, Nissan 300zx, Volksawgen GTI, etc. none of them compare with the z. Straight line speed, cornering and manacing good looks all combine in a package under 30k. WOW!

1 2 3 4 5 next »