2003 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:
What a sports car is all about
By Billy D on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Track 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my car for over 6 years and purchased it new. It is a true driver's car with emphasis on going fast and doing it well. Practicality and comfort are afterthoughts. The trunk will take a reasonable amount of stuff, as long as you "pour" it around the strut brace. Its handling is very confidence inspiring and the car always eggs me on. It's like it's always taunting me: "You know, you could've taken that turn faster!" I recently replaced the OEM tires with BF Goodrich KDW's. Gas mileage plummeted, but grip is outrageous. The new tires turned my Z from a nice car to a race car. Engine is fantastic: incredibly reliable, predictable, smooth

Best car I've ever owned.
By Spilner on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 86k on it and have not regretted it a single time! I was amazed at the gas mileage (22-25 city, 27-30 hwy) and the power and torque is great. I can run even with modded mustangs and newer turbo bmw's and can smoke most other cars. I've beat pretty hard on the car for about 12k miles now and it's held up to everything without complaint! The only problem I had was with the stock Bose subamp cutting out but there's an easy DIY fix for that which takes about 15 mins. Nissan built this car to last 200k and it's very obvious the quality they put into this car. Just make sure to have a set of snow tires on hand =P

350z enthusiast 5spd auto
By Alek on 08/19/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my orange 350s with 107k miles on it, now it has 114k and still running with no problems. A few minor things such as flex pipes for the exhaust and a door seal which the tab broke off need to be fixed. Other than that its a great car, quick, responsive, it corners tight and comfortably, and takes a lot of concentration to keep your foot out of the throttle, its clear this car was built to run on a track.

A fast, reliable, loud beast!
By Ski on 10/27/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car at 28,000 miles. It's sitting currently at 91,000, with no problems or major issues yet and upon my full inspection, nothing building. This car is extremely fast, with the new exhaust I put on it, amongst other engine modifications I've done, is louder than any other Z I've been around. It definitely turns heads! Even though I'm getting ready to sell my Z for a older muscle car, I'll get another one here soon. These cars are reliable as anything and are what they're supposed to be, a raw, fast, no bar's held performance vehicle.

Fun and Reliable
By Teri on 06/20/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The automatic/manual shift gives me flexibility for the road type. This car starts and stops precisely. After 4 years, I still enjoy driving it. People are always asking about the car's speed and agility. It draws a lot of attention. And it's FUN.

So happy
By max on 01/12/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have been eyeing the 350Z for years and am so glad I made this purchase. I love the feel of the interior, the looks of the exterior, the wide power band, the on-rails handling, and the sound the engine makes when wide open. I realize that there are various problems that will undoubtedly arise so I got an extended warranty and am not too worried. This car gives you confidence and I get looks everywhere I go. I love the ride and even make my daily commute in it. This car gives me a thrill that I can't accurately describe. I'm not sure if I own the car or it owns me.

Fun, but bumpy
By chris on 11/05/07 02:48 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very nice sport car don't get me wrong. It looks fast, it is fast, it takes off so quick I almost get whiplash everytime. It is a head turner too. But I have never had anything that is this bumpy and the rattles drive me insane. I've had an S2000 and it wasn't this bad, and that thing had a super tight suspension. My Z rattles like it is falling apart, all along the dash, the center console, and if I am talking while driving it sounds like someone is thumping my chest. I have crammed things into seams and cracks to stop them, but it's no use. But man is it fast.

Great car with minor issues
By RickS on 03/15/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Like other reviewers, I have suffered the same "tire roar" and front end noise that has plagued 350Z owners since the cars inception. After taking the car to Firestone to get my tires replaced recently, the helpful technician, a Vette owner, suggested that I take the car in every 3 months to have this toe-in problem fixed. You can purchase a lifetime alignment from Firestone for a very reasonable price and taking the car in every 3 months or so insures that the wear on the tires will be a bit more normal. Tire wear aside, the car has been a dream and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. As I am getting a bit older now so the utility of a 2-seater is beginning to reach its end for me.

fun to drive
By miriam on 12/23/06 11:06 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have nothing bad to say about my Z car. It handles well and is so much fun to drive. I get nothing but compliments from everyone I know and don't know about the looks of the car. The gas mileage is not bad for a sports car either. I get 20 miles to the gallon in town about 25 on the highway. The color is gorgeous too. I have the brickyard color which is kind of a dark plum color. I put an after market spoiler on the back and it is too cute.

My second 350Z
By Natasha on 10/09/06 06:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

You get the true sports car feeling when driving. I love the highway gas mileage! My second 350Z.