1996 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Review: 1996 300ZX

1996 Nissan 300ZX - Consumer Review

1996 300ZX
By apudapus on

1996 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

This car was my dad's and my dream car. We dreamed of owning it when we first saw pre-production models in '89 (my dad works for Nissan so we were in the know about it). Because of its price, we weren't able to afford for the six years it was on sale in America. In 2001 we found a black 1996 2+2 NA with a fair amount of miles on it but in perfect condition. It is a fast car that handle's perfectly. The styling is beautiful and unforgettable. It is very comfortable inside and the dash and controls are futuristically and conveniently incorporated around the driver. The only bad

The styling is beautiful. The car is incredibly fast. There is enough torque throughout the RPM range; the car eats up mountains like nothing. It's very comfortable inside with all the controls surrounding the driver. I've never seen another car with such an intuitive design.

The major downfall of the car is the huge blind-spot behind the driver's left shoulder. It's hard to see cars to the left of the vehicle. The gas-mileage is also low. My NA gets about 17 street/19 high-way. I'm sure the twin-turbo gets better mileage than the NA.