Used 1996 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

My Dream Car
By Kathy S

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

I bought my car, never test driven by others, with 3 miles on it. She now has 218K and runs like she's still new. All the power, all the beauty, all orginial parts including engine & transmission! I'm finally ready to sell her, and find it so hard as I know I'll never own another car like this (hardwood floors winning out). The power makes this car fast, furious and fun. The handling is beyond perfect, and head turning quota off the charts. As a female owner, I loved being in the league with the mostly male owners of this car and everywhere I go am constantly asked if I will sell it. Sadly, my answer will now be yes. Hardly any expenses aside from normal upkeep. A dream to own!

Favorite Features

Power and speed. This car knows how to handle curves. The design is sexy and strong, the inside tight an efficient. Great T top design, looks great in and out. Seats are comfortable but no room for adults in the back seat of my 2+2 unless they are short and small, but great for having extra space.

Suggested Improvements

This car doesn't handle well in snow, ice, hard rain/sleet as it is wheel rear driven and front heavy so it will slide. Have a back up car for bad weather. A small price to pay for an amazing car that you will fall in love with if you are ever lucky enough to own one.

Once U Go Z You'll Never Go Back
By Mr. Z

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

My 1996 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 is amazing. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and I can't stop driving it. Although it's not the twin turbo model, it is still got a lot kick to it. The bose sound system and t-tops add to the ultimate driving experience. The original sticker price was way to high when first released, but now that I could afford it, I went for it. No Regrets either!

Favorite Features

My favorite features on the car are the sound system, t-bar roof, and smooth 5-speed manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Although I would dream of bring a beverage in my Z, there are no cupholders.

The Nissan twin turbo ZX is FAST
By THE-FREAK13

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

I've had the best racing experince of my life with this car. It will dust any cars in its class such as the Z28 camaro, a V8 mustang, and many more.

Favorite Features

I have many favorite features on this car. One of them is the t-bar it looks very good on a zx. the other is how fast the car is and believe me its really really fast

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that needs to be approved on this car is the comfortness and the gas mileage but the gas mileage is ok compared to other sports cars.

God I Love My Z!!!
By zman1996

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 1996 and I am in love with it. My girlfriend is jealous of it. It is dark green with leather and an automatic tranny. You are probably wondering why i would want an automatic in a sports car. I tell you what though its just as quick and a lot easier to drive. I put some 17" enkei rims on it and it looks awesome.

1996 300ZX
By apudapus

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

This car was my dad's and my dream car. We dreamed of owning it when we first saw pre-production models in '89 (my dad works for Nissan so we were in the know about it). Because of its price, we weren't able to afford for the six years it was on sale in America. In 2001 we found a black 1996 2+2 NA with a fair amount of miles on it but in perfect condition. It is a fast car that handle's perfectly. The styling is beautiful and unforgettable. It is very comfortable inside and the dash and controls are futuristically and conveniently incorporated around the driver. The only bad

Favorite Features

The styling is beautiful. The car is incredibly fast. There is enough torque throughout the RPM range; the car eats up mountains like nothing. It's very comfortable inside with all the controls surrounding the driver. I've never seen another car with such an intuitive design.

Suggested Improvements

The major downfall of the car is the huge blind-spot behind the driver's left shoulder. It's hard to see cars to the left of the vehicle. The gas-mileage is also low. My NA gets about 17 street/19 high-way. I'm sure the twin-turbo gets better mileage than the NA.