Used 1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

Baby Car - Still in Love after 16 Years
By dani300zx

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new in 1996 and still cannot bear the thought of parting with her (so I probably won't ever). Beautiful inside and out and an absolute blast to drive. Probably the best sports car ever made that cost less than $100K new (and, yes, I have driven, evaluated and photographed cars costing that much).

Zero to 60 in 5.6 (what more can I say). Well, actually there is more - T-tops, an amazing Bose stereo, and this car can handle curves at high speed like nobody's business.

If you're going to drive her in the winter, put Blizzaks on her; next to impossible to handle on snow and ice with stock summer tires.

Nice for the age
By Irock

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Just bought this last year and I really enjoy driving it. It has plenty of power. Shifts hard into 2nd (reminds me of my vette). Sounds great. Looks great. Drives and handles like a new one.

Steering is amazing. I can almost turn completely around in my driveway.

Lack of tilt steering is a major screwup. I am a big guy and it kills my knee every time.

My Dream Car
By Kathy S

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

I bought my car, never test driven by others, with 3 miles on it. She now has 218K and runs like she's still new. All the power, all the beauty, all orginial parts including engine & transmission! I'm finally ready to sell her, and find it so hard as I know I'll never own another car like this (hardwood floors winning out). The power makes this car fast, furious and fun. The handling is beyond perfect, and head turning quota off the charts. As a female owner, I loved being in the league with the mostly male owners of this car and everywhere I go am constantly asked if I will sell it. Sadly, my answer will now be yes. Hardly any expenses aside from normal upkeep. A dream to own!

Power and speed. This car knows how to handle curves. The design is sexy and strong, the inside tight an efficient. Great T top design, looks great in and out. Seats are comfortable but no room for adults in the back seat of my 2+2 unless they are short and small, but great for having extra space.

This car doesn't handle well in snow, ice, hard rain/sleet as it is wheel rear driven and front heavy so it will slide. Have a back up car for bad weather. A small price to pay for an amazing car that you will fall in love with if you are ever lucky enough to own one.

Z Best
By Z-One

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car used 5 years ago. I am a sports car enthuasist. This is the finest, fastest, most reliable, most comfortable car I have ever owned. It handles so well, there is no time I have ever felt unsure of it's ability to hold the road. Acceleration so smooth you'd think there is no limit. For a car with such performance, creature comforts still are present. Great Bose cd sound system! Comfortable seats. I can only hope the new 350Z will someday attain this old model's glory!

Speed, ease of shifting at high speeds, great braking and handling. Awesome, head turning looks. Nissan printed on the original sticker "The sports car of sports cars". Nuthin' more to be said

There is a bit of road noise from the hatchback. Expected in a hatchback, and sound insulation is heavy....slowing this beast. So, some magical improvement?

Once U Go Z You'll Never Go Back
By Mr. Z

1996 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2+2 2dr Coupe

My 1996 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 is amazing. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and I can't stop driving it. Although it's not the twin turbo model, it is still got a lot kick to it. The bose sound system and t-tops add to the ultimate driving experience. The original sticker price was way to high when first released, but now that I could afford it, I went for it. No Regrets either!

My favorite features on the car are the sound system, t-bar roof, and smooth 5-speed manual transmission.

Although I would dream of bring a beverage in my Z, there are no cupholders.