Used 1994 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

1994 Nissan 300ZX
By milo4567

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Convertible

I so have enjoyed driving this car. It's great for Sunday afternoon spins. It's fast enough but quick in the turns. At this point I have only replaced the #4 injector. I have thought about trading for muscle but can't bring myself to letting go. For the money, it's the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

The convertible and the way it handles.

Suggested Improvements

It's hard to improve on something this nice.

My favorite Nissan
By Z Prepared

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

My Z was in nearly mint condition when I bought it in early 2001. Now at 136k miles, it can still consistently run the 1320 in 14.7 sec. Major mods: K&N intake, JWT ECU, headers, exhaust, lightened flywheel, clutch, lightened crank pulley, SS brake lines/syn. fluid. I have yet to experience any ill-effects as a result of these mods or my daily heavy-footed driving. I get an avg. combined city/hwy mileage of 22+ mpg. The driver's seat lower left side bolster is worn through to sharp metal. This is a std. flaw for this car. All of my pants belts have scratch marks on them in the same place. Ordinary drivers (80% bad) will annoy you. People will want to race you. Cops will suspect you.

Favorite Features

Design. ABS. Fixed position leather wrapped steering wheel. Dash layout. A/C performance. Roominess. Strong enthusiast following. High quality construction. Dual-airbags. Soft, hi- quality cloth interior (charcoal looks best). Manual seat adjustments.

Suggested Improvements

Improve stopping distances. Lighten the Zs weight. Improve transmission (gearbox was redesigned in 1997, one year AFTER the end of US sales). Lower maintenance cost (oil, tires, filters, transmission(s), shocks, wheel bearings, bushings, repair of body damage, brakes, clutch). Security. Cupholder.

300Z time machine
By Madchillmojo

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 94'300ZX N/A 04/15/05 for $9300 with 45,326 miles on it. I love this car! Sporty, classy, and a true performer, its going to be my long term project car as I (stealthily) add to the already amazing design. Handling is outstanding especially when you upgrade to stickier summer tires on larger rims. Performance is respectable enough to embarrass those A4 and BMW 3-series drivers and with some relatively minor (and optional - I just really like going fast...) enhancements, can be a truly devastating competitor. Its not the scary beast that the TT version is, but a damn fine piece of engineering nonetheless. Nissan was way ahead of the curve on this Fair Lady.

Favorite Features

The look of the car... its going 80mph standing still and looking sveldt and classy doing it. The interior is comfortable and classy, and believe it or not, the t-tops don't leak! The engine sound is music, and the driveability of the car is flawless.

Suggested Improvements

The sporty look of the car demands more performance. Intake, exhaust, ECU reflash, bigger injectors, a hotter electronic ignition system and some nice sticky tires (I went with 235/45/R17 Fusion ZR1's) will round out this stylish monster nicely. Oh, junk the Bose cass system & add a cup holder!

Best value in a sports car
By ktbnjb

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I've been looking for a 300Z for many years, but it had to be the right one. Recently I found it - one owner, low miles, never seen winter and No MODIFICATIONS. It had the original titanium key, books, t-top covers. It's been everything I had hopde for. Gerat performance, fun to drive and a real quality built vehicle. I didn't opt for the twin turbo - too much hassle. And it was a bargain at just over $10K.

Favorite Features

Handling, pick-up, classic looks, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely nothing

z crazy
By zlova

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

i just bought myself a 1994 300zx n/a, and man what a beautiful car! for being 10 years old youd have thought its design just rolled off the boards at nissan. they were far ahead of their time. fun as hell to drive, and built very solid. when you drive it you can feel somethign special about it. turns heads and smokes civics!

Favorite Features

strong build, feels like a real mans car. fast and fun. looks hot even 10 year later

Suggested Improvements

needs better gas milage!!! im paying 2.15 here in az and it sucks for a 17 yr old to deal with putting gas in this car.