Used 1994 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

1994 300zx Twin Turbo
By philz94tt

1994 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car still has curb appeal 20 years after leaving the factory and sent to the USA, With some simple mods you can get to 400 HP, the stock version is very fast and the 5 speed is good, Anyone interested in this twin turbo model should know that there is a vast network of people who can help you with any problems that may come up. twinturbo dot net, Do not waste your time with the NA version, they are a dime a dozen, the real value is with the twin turbo model and the low production numbers of the last 3 years 94-96, I purchased this car 1 year ago with 121K miles and it is very reliable, engine is smooth and maintenance is expensive but needed from time to time, timing belt a must.

Favorite Features

Twin Turbo, 5 speed, Hicas all wheel steering,

Suggested Improvements

None

94 N/A Coupe, It's Worth It!
By the300z

1994 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a little less then 3 years ago. I got it for $5000 with 92,000 miles on it. I had it inspected before purchasing and I was told the car was in good shape. I expected to do the usual routine work on it . What I didn't expect was a crack radiator neck, bad knock sensor, and fuel injector replacements shortly after. But, after droping roughly $6,000 more into the car to get it in perfect running condition it has been nothing but pure joy! It now has 120,000 miles on it with a cold air intake, stage 2 racing cluch, rear strut bars, short shifter, and a sound system. It's awesome to drive, easily customizable, and turns heads! If you have some spare cash this is the car for you!

Favorite Features

Torque, interior and exterior styling (it's ahead of its time), ENGINE SOUND, ability to be customized, handling and cornering is amazing, low profile and stance.

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy one with high miles if you can avoid it. You may save $ in the short term, but in the long run you will end up replacing a significant amount of parts and the cost will catch up to you. 300zx parts are expensive! Go with high-end aftermarket replacement parts if possible.

A fine automobile
By dlscott

1994 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

We purchased our 1994 300ZX new and have enjoyed nearly 16 years of driving a fine automobile. It currently has 81,000 miles and we have had very few mechanical issues. We changed the timing belt at 50,000 miles (precautionary) and had a speed sensor malfunction at 75,000 miles. Also, new front brake pads. Other than that, it has been a nearly perfect car. The paint is original and still shines. The 5-speed manual has never experienced the first problem. The car is fun to drive. We took it on four separate 3-month around-the-U.S. trips of about 11,000 each and it was a joy to drive. On three of the trips we carried a tent and other camping gear in the back.

Favorite Features

The nearly 20-year-old design is still in date. Looks better than new Z and almost as good as a Porsche. Well-built.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it didn't use premium fuel, but this is typical for a sports car. Also, it would be nice to get better gas mileage. We average about 24 mpg on the highway.

Best affordable sports car ever.
By Zjunkie

1994 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Turbos are a headache, no matter the manufacturer. That's why I opted for the Z32 NA when looking for a new-used car. It was love at first sight in 1989 when I saw my first Z32 and the passion hasn't left the relationship. Sure she's expensive to keep, but what woman worth a dang isn't? Car parts wear out and need replacing and I happily hand over my credit card whenever necessary to keep my girl on the road and making me happy every day I'm fortunate enough to drive her. Never mind stock. Get one of these and mod the heck out of it for my sheer driving pleasure. The aftermarket parts list for this car is longer than your arm. I'm keeping mine forever.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling. Performance. Handling. T-tops. Interior styling. Aftermarket options/upgrades and performance mods. Chicks dig it.

Suggested Improvements

less restrictive intake and exhaust - aftermarket parts fix this reduced unsprung weight in the drivetrain - aftermarket parts fix this bigger brakes - aftermarket parts fix this This car isn't perfect, but throwing money at it makes it darn close.

The Z
By Mark

1994 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought one of these from an individual when it had 160,000 miles. I had nothing but trouble with it up until the day I sold it. It was fast (after I replaced the knock sensor that had been retarding the timing ($700)). It handled like a go cart and got lots of looks. T-tops were fun too. I just wasn't happy with it because anything that could have gone wrong with it did while I had it from sensors to pulleys to the transmission.

Favorite Features

T-tops, awesome interior styling, short shift compared to my 82 supra, fast, sounded great.

Suggested Improvements

Had a lot of electronic problems and that's something that needed to be fixed or at least addressed. Bad fuel economy, but what do you expect with a 410 rear end. Quieter interior. Didn't really like the power antenna idea. Front lip needs to be flexible because you bump it and it's broke.