1994 Nissan 300ZX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:
1994 300zx Twin Turbo
By philz94tt on 12/10/13 05:44 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

This car still has curb appeal 20 years after leaving the factory and sent to the USA, With some simple mods you can get to 400 HP, the stock version is very fast and the 5 speed is good, Anyone interested in this twin turbo model should know that there is a vast network of people who can help you with any problems that may come up. twinturbo dot net, Do not waste your time with the NA version, they are a dime a dozen, the real value is with the twin turbo model and the low production numbers of the last 3 years 94-96, I purchased this car 1 year ago with 121K miles and it is very reliable, engine is smooth and maintenance is expensive but needed from time to time, timing belt a must.

94 N/A Coupe, It's Worth It!
By the300z on 01/22/11 13:22 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a little less then 3 years ago. I got it for $5000 with 92,000 miles on it. I had it inspected before purchasing and I was told the car was in good shape. I expected to do the usual routine work on it . What I didn't expect was a crack radiator neck, bad knock sensor, and fuel injector replacements shortly after. But, after droping roughly $6,000 more into the car to get it in perfect running condition it has been nothing but pure joy! It now has 120,000 miles on it with a cold air intake, stage 2 racing cluch, rear strut bars, short shifter, and a sound system. It's awesome to drive, easily customizable, and turns heads! If you have some spare cash this is the car for you!

A fine automobile
By dlscott on 06/01/10 06:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

We purchased our 1994 300ZX new and have enjoyed nearly 16 years of driving a fine automobile. It currently has 81,000 miles and we have had very few mechanical issues. We changed the timing belt at 50,000 miles (precautionary) and had a speed sensor malfunction at 75,000 miles. Also, new front brake pads. Other than that, it has been a nearly perfect car. The paint is original and still shines. The 5-speed manual has never experienced the first problem. The car is fun to drive. We took it on four separate 3-month around-the-U.S. trips of about 11,000 each and it was a joy to drive. On three of the trips we carried a tent and other camping gear in the back.

Best affordable sports car ever.
By Zjunkie on 01/12/09 10:16 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

Turbos are a headache, no matter the manufacturer. That's why I opted for the Z32 NA when looking for a new-used car. It was love at first sight in 1989 when I saw my first Z32 and the passion hasn't left the relationship. Sure she's expensive to keep, but what woman worth a dang isn't? Car parts wear out and need replacing and I happily hand over my credit card whenever necessary to keep my girl on the road and making me happy every day I'm fortunate enough to drive her. Never mind stock. Get one of these and mod the heck out of it for my sheer driving pleasure. The aftermarket parts list for this car is longer than your arm. I'm keeping mine forever.

The Z
By Mark on 06/20/07 14:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

Bought one of these from an individual when it had 160,000 miles. I had nothing but trouble with it up until the day I sold it. It was fast (after I replaced the knock sensor that had been retarding the timing ($700)). It handled like a go cart and got lots of looks. T-tops were fun too. I just wasn't happy with it because anything that could have gone wrong with it did while I had it from sensors to pulleys to the transmission.

1994 Nissan 300ZX
By milo4567 on 04/24/07 14:17 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Convertible

I so have enjoyed driving this car. It's great for Sunday afternoon spins. It's fast enough but quick in the turns. At this point I have only replaced the #4 injector. I have thought about trading for muscle but can't bring myself to letting go. For the money, it's the best car I've ever owned.

My favorite Nissan
By Z Prepared on 06/04/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

My Z was in nearly mint condition when I bought it in early 2001. Now at 136k miles, it can still consistently run the 1320 in 14.7 sec. Major mods: K&N intake, JWT ECU, headers, exhaust, lightened flywheel, clutch, lightened crank pulley, SS brake lines/syn. fluid. I have yet to experience any ill-effects as a result of these mods or my daily heavy-footed driving. I get an avg. combined city/hwy mileage of 22+ mpg. The driver's seat lower left side bolster is worn through to sharp metal. This is a std. flaw for this car. All of my pants belts have scratch marks on them in the same place. Ordinary drivers (80% bad) will annoy you. People will want to race you. Cops will suspect you.

300Z time machine
By Madchillmojo on 08/23/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 94'300ZX N/A 04/15/05 for $9300 with 45,326 miles on it. I love this car! Sporty, classy, and a true performer, its going to be my long term project car as I (stealthily) add to the already amazing design. Handling is outstanding especially when you upgrade to stickier summer tires on larger rims. Performance is respectable enough to embarrass those A4 and BMW 3-series drivers and with some relatively minor (and optional - I just really like going fast...) enhancements, can be a truly devastating competitor. Its not the scary beast that the TT version is, but a damn fine piece of engineering nonetheless. Nissan was way ahead of the curve on this Fair Lady.

Best value in a sports car
By ktbnjb on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I've been looking for a 300Z for many years, but it had to be the right one. Recently I found it - one owner, low miles, never seen winter and No MODIFICATIONS. It had the original titanium key, books, t-top covers. It's been everything I had hopde for. Gerat performance, fun to drive and a real quality built vehicle. I didn't opt for the twin turbo - too much hassle. And it was a bargain at just over $10K.

z crazy
By zlova on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

i just bought myself a 1994 300zx n/a, and man what a beautiful car! for being 10 years old youd have thought its design just rolled off the boards at nissan. they were far ahead of their time. fun as hell to drive, and built very solid. when you drive it you can feel somethign special about it. turns heads and smokes civics!