Used 1993 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan 300zx - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan 300ZX

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

The best convertible out there!
By patkipper

1993 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Convertible

I have had this car for 7 years, and it gets more fun to drive every time! No problems, style still current with today's cars! Performance is 2nd to none, and handling is just as good as the coupe. The rarety of the car from '93 - '95 will make it a collector's car in the future. Excellent gas mileage... better than my wife's Honda CR-V! Pearl White with black leather interior and suede on the door panels/center console along with the excellent build quality shines throughout the car, and the V6 engine puts out plenty of ponies to 'get up and go' without the extra weight of power roof motors. Very big trunk for a convertible as well.

Favorite Features

There are many, but I think the layout of the cockpit is my favorite. Everything is in easy reach, and all gauges are clearly visible.

Suggested Improvements

A 2+2 in the convertible would have been nice, and bigger rims. A few more horsepower wouldn't hurt either (not that it really needs it, but you can never have enough)

Great Z
By Paul

1993 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z last year with only 30k. It is fun to drive, reliable, looks great. I have been very happy with my Z.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

z best nissan!
By Zaddict79

1993 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is a smooth, powerful machine. Performance on these 300zx's are the best of all z's. I've owned an 80's 300zx n/a, and the power to weight ratio is horrible, making it a poor performer. Even though Nissan still made the early 90's Zs heavy, the horsepower went up significantly with the twin turbos. Low end and top end acceleration is awesome, and you can even pass cars in 5th gear on the highway, look ma, no downshifting! Handling is razor sharp, the car moves to wherever you want it,the car makes you confident of its handling. The styling is timeless, looking as good as new exotic cars of today. This car has and always be the ultimate 300zx.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the t-tops, lack of rear seats, and the smooth, sleek styling of the car. Oh and did I mention the twin turbos are kind of nice to have?

Suggested Improvements

Of course, being a sports car, gas mileage won't be great, and plenty of other owners have griped. It would be nice if Nissan could've upped the gas mileage a little more, but really, there's nothing to complain about this car. To call it "awesome" would be an understatement!

Beware the "Z"
By davebabe100

1993 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

This 300ZX TT (twin turbo) will go 0- 60 MPH in about 4 seconds. Try that with your average Honda Civic. This car is scary-fast, so it is certainly not for the faint of heart. This car is NOT for daily driving unless you are loaded. It may have extreme power but it gets horrible gas mileage, even when you are being conservative with the gas pedal. Really the only thing this car needs is a free-flow exhaust and a better intake filtering system. And don't forget the HICAS... 4-wheel- steering. it is magical how well this car handles (on pavement). Overall, this is not a car, this is a bad ass toy!

Favorite Features

Acceleration...Handling...Build Quality

Suggested Improvements

Free flow exhaust, equilizing intake, import tires only, yokohamma & kuhmo sugg. (all can be found at www.300zx.com)

A sports car for every day life
By dr.k

1993 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

Although I have sold my Z a few years ago, every time I see one of these on the road, it brings a smile to my face. The Z was my dream car growing up as a teenager in the early 90's. It did not disappoint when I got mine 2x2 in 93. The styling was aggressive, muscular and sexy (better than the current 350 Z). The interior was functional and sophisticated. The seats are comfortable and the hatch was great for storage with the back seats down. The 222 HP engine was eager to rev and a blast to drive. The handling and breaking are top notch and the deep exhaust note was great. The T top was great in the summer. Best of all, this beauty was reliable.

Favorite Features

Unbeatable styling. Great combination of performance, handling and comfort. Reliability is top notch for a sports car. I have never had a problem!! It was a sad day when I had to trade it in for a more winter friendly vehicle for the New England driving.

Suggested Improvements

Weight compromises some performance and poor winter driving characteristics.