Used 1992 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Kevin

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I can best describe this car as an addiction. I need at least one Nissan Z fix a day. It is very powerful, and handles like no other car I have owned or driven. I would recommend this car to anyone who has a strong appreciation of cars, and not to someone who has no sense of style or performance (Prius Drivers). It has been very reliable, and never fails to get me from point 'a' to point 'z'. If anyone gets a chance to buy one, they should take it!

My favorite features are most notably, the engine. It kicks out a lot of torque off the line, and I always find myself crying "uncle!" way before it does. My next favorite feature(s) are the T-Tops. No one can resist the guy/girl driving around with the tops off in the summer.

I absolutely hate the OEM wheels. They are the ugliest things I have ever witnessed. Next is the transmission's synchronizers. Nissan put the cheapest synchros they could find on this generation. Finally, the brake rotors tend to warp, but they are easily improved by putting on skyline brakes.

Great car to drive
By Jeremy

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing car to own and drive. It's fast and alot of class. Leather and suede interior, t-tops, projection headlights, hicas 4 wheel steering. Then its runs like a champ.

T-tops, leather suade interior, amaziong handling.

becarefull with hicas steering it can be very costly to fix aswell as some 300zx's have fuel injection recalls.

Great car
By Mike

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

i have had my 300zx turbo for about 6 months. no problems, except the battery had to be replaced. if you buy this car, expect to replace to turbos at 130,000-160,000 miles, eventhough i still have my original turbos at 156,000 miles

suede interior, leather bucket seats, targa tops

I love my z
By Brandon3

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

My 1992 model is my second Nissan 300ZX (the first being a 1990) and they are wonderful cars. I'd recommend them to anyone. Their gas mileage is never great, but is never horrible either, especially for the car you are getting. My car is around 12 years old and still looks better than most newer cars.

The t-tops in my first z were so much fun. My new one is a slicktop, which is supposedly lighter and more rigid. I think it might be true:) It has a lot of leg space for both the driver and passenger, and always a lot of power.

Style that Never Ages
By WideMan

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

The style is ageless. The performance
and the engineering in this car is
still very impressive.

Superior road handling.

Low to the ground, so throws rocks into the the doors leaving small dents.