Used 1992 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

Great car to drive
By Jeremy

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing car to own and drive. It's fast and alot of class. Leather and suede interior, t-tops, projection headlights, hicas 4 wheel steering. Then its runs like a champ.

T-tops, leather suade interior, amaziong handling.

becarefull with hicas steering it can be very costly to fix aswell as some 300zx's have fuel injection recalls.

Great car
By Mike

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

i have had my 300zx turbo for about 6 months. no problems, except the battery had to be replaced. if you buy this car, expect to replace to turbos at 130,000-160,000 miles, eventhough i still have my original turbos at 156,000 miles

suede interior, leather bucket seats, targa tops

I love my z
By Brandon3

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

My 1992 model is my second Nissan 300ZX (the first being a 1990) and they are wonderful cars. I'd recommend them to anyone. Their gas mileage is never great, but is never horrible either, especially for the car you are getting. My car is around 12 years old and still looks better than most newer cars.

The t-tops in my first z were so much fun. My new one is a slicktop, which is supposedly lighter and more rigid. I think it might be true:) It has a lot of leg space for both the driver and passenger, and always a lot of power.

Style that Never Ages
By WideMan

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

The style is ageless. The performance and the engineering in this car is still very impressive.

Superior road handling.

Low to the ground, so throws rocks into the the doors leaving small dents.

120 K Miles and Running strong
By Nismo did it right

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I purchased one in the spring of '04 so I havn't had the car for an long time but I can tell you a few thing that may help you make a decision on buying one. The car handles like a dream, on dry, solid pavement. Like all rear wheel sports cars, it will have its problems in the rain or if you hit a patch of sand on a corner. The car looks absolutely beautiful and for the most part it is very reliable. The only problems I've had are as follows. DO NOT launch the car through shifts on the stock clutch, it was not desinged to handle it as i found out. And constant agressive cornering will cause power steering fluid leaks.

Handling and T-TOPS are great. A 13 year old sports car with tops that don't leak a drop is amazing. The car looks amazing from all angles. Also, the cars engine sounds great when it hits about 3500 RPM's and only gets better til you hit the red line. IN SILVER NOT A COP MAGNET

The only improvements I think Nissan should have made would be, lighten the car up a little bit. 6 SPEED MANUAL would have been a great feature, but I am content with 5. Gas milage is about half factory specs if you like to have a lot of fun when driving.