Used 1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

The Nissan 300zx Z32 is a real fair lady!
By Earl Hammer

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 92 model NA 2 weeks ago now. So far I must just say, "Wow that is some fun ride"! The acceleration is awesome once you get around 3,000 to 3,500 rpm's, this thing starts to come alive. Winding out the gears on mechanical gauges is very satisfying. That 3.0 liter V-6, 24 valve, DOHC, Naturally Aspirated engine is pretty hot. I'm thinking about getting an INjen IS Cold Air Intake, but I guess first, I should do the timing belt... It has 118,300 miles but still hasn't lost its quick. So if you are thinking about buying one, they low ball the price at k be bee. It is usually hard to find one under $4,500 that's any good. There is nothing like a T bar roof as well.

My baby !
By archielmj

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

Bought with 5000 km in 93.
Kept it stock to look at but installed KN air intake,
Stebro twin stainless exhausts,
Centreforce clutch
Custom performance chip.
390 hp at the crank 325 at the wheels with stout 340 ft lbs of torque.
Cherry red, black leather interior.
Garaged and sunny day driver only with 86,000 km on it now since new.
Had a few minor issues with this car over the years but nothing major.
People still gawk at this thing like they did from day one.
50 to 100k in second gear snaps you back twin turbo style !
This is a fast car, and will run with the exotic big dogs for pennies on the dollar. Recenty blew off a Charger RT hemi with it eating dust all the way.

4 wheel hicas steering, Electric power adjustable drivers seat. All power accessories.

Still Fun to drive
By cherry red z

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

After 64,000 miles my twin turbo still turns heads! It is a blast to drive and all original features work with the exception of the radio and CD player which I replaced with contemporary equipment including Ipod compatible tuner. I have replaced batteries and a couple of fuel injectors but otherwise it has been maintenance free. In 1997 I added Antera custom rims with 1" wider tires - makes for a more aggressive look. Not worth much on trade or retail but it is not for sale!

Stunning car to own, but bring cash!
By twistedhouse

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I owned a Silver 92TT for about a year and overall I was very happy with the car, but I spent quite a bit of money on maintenance and upkeep. I replaced the hoses due to a vacuum leak and ended up rebuilding the engine due to connecting rod failure, and replaced the injectors but It was one of the only cars I've owned that I turned around and looked at as I was walking away from it. Beautiful exterior design, and the interior is just as beautiful. The problematic Bose stereo was replaced with an aftermarket system along the way, so no issues there. The car handled great in dry weather, but was a bit scary in the rain. I'd buy another one, but I'd be sure to get one with the kinks worked out.

beautiful inside and out, commands attention and respect from car buffs

engine is very fragile. buy one with low miles or repair history.

chick magnet
By drvroomvroom

1992 Nissan 300ZX Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

The look of this car will never get old. I put on a front air dam that makes this z look sick. For being almost 15 years old, this car is in excellent shape. The T-tops are easy to take on and off. Every day I get the.. "nice car"..

Handles like its on tracks..reliable..and oh..ya..chick magnet..

needs cup holders...