1992 Nissan 300ZX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:
Still Fun to drive
By cherry red z on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

After 64,000 miles my twin turbo still turns heads! It is a blast to drive and all original features work with the exception of the radio and CD player which I replaced with contemporary equipment including Ipod compatible tuner. I have replaced batteries and a couple of fuel injectors but otherwise it has been maintenance free. In 1997 I added Antera custom rims with 1" wider tires - makes for a more aggressive look. Not worth much on trade or retail but it is not for sale!

Stunning car to own, but bring cash!
By twistedhouse on 12/11/09 16:37 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

I owned a Silver 92TT for about a year and overall I was very happy with the car, but I spent quite a bit of money on maintenance and upkeep. I replaced the hoses due to a vacuum leak and ended up rebuilding the engine due to connecting rod failure, and replaced the injectors but It was one of the only cars I've owned that I turned around and looked at as I was walking away from it. Beautiful exterior design, and the interior is just as beautiful. The problematic Bose stereo was replaced with an aftermarket system along the way, so no issues there. The car handled great in dry weather, but was a bit scary in the rain. I'd buy another one, but I'd be sure to get one with the kinks worked out.

chick magnet
By drvroomvroom on 03/10/07 00:06 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

The look of this car will never get old. I put on a front air dam that makes this z look sick. For being almost 15 years old, this car is in excellent shape. The T-tops are easy to take on and off. Every day I get the.. "nice car"..

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Kevin on 02/23/07 15:32 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I can best describe this car as an addiction. I need at least one Nissan Z fix a day. It is very powerful, and handles like no other car I have owned or driven. I would recommend this car to anyone who has a strong appreciation of cars, and not to someone who has no sense of style or performance (Prius Drivers). It has been very reliable, and never fails to get me from point 'a' to point 'z'. If anyone gets a chance to buy one, they should take it!

Great car to drive
By Jeremy on 03/19/06 20:49 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing car to own and drive. It's fast and alot of class. Leather and suede interior, t-tops, projection headlights, hicas 4 wheel steering. Then its runs like a champ.

Great car
By Mike on 07/19/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

i have had my 300zx turbo for about 6 months. no problems, except the battery had to be replaced. if you buy this car, expect to replace to turbos at 130,000-160,000 miles, eventhough i still have my original turbos at 156,000 miles

I love my z
By Brandon3 on 11/30/04 14:12 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

My 1992 model is my second Nissan 300ZX (the first being a 1990) and they are wonderful cars. I'd recommend them to anyone. Their gas mileage is never great, but is never horrible either, especially for the car you are getting. My car is around 12 years old and still looks better than most newer cars.

Style that Never Ages
By WideMan on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

The style is ageless. The performance and the engineering in this car is still very impressive.

120 K Miles and Running strong
By Nismo did it right on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I purchased one in the spring of '04 so I havn't had the car for an long time but I can tell you a few thing that may help you make a decision on buying one. The car handles like a dream, on dry, solid pavement. Like all rear wheel sports cars, it will have its problems in the rain or if you hit a patch of sand on a corner. The car looks absolutely beautiful and for the most part it is very reliable. The only problems I've had are as follows. DO NOT launch the car through shifts on the stock clutch, it was not desinged to handle it as i found out. And constant agressive cornering will cause power steering fluid leaks.

Cool
By JoeShmoe on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car! Fun to Drive!