Used 1992 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

My baby !
By archielmj

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

Bought with 5000 km in 93. Kept it stock to look at but installed KN air intake, Stebro twin stainless exhausts, Centreforce clutch Custom performance chip. 390 hp at the crank 325 at the wheels with stout 340 ft lbs of torque. Cherry red, black leather interior. Garaged and sunny day driver only with 86,000 km on it now since new. Had a few minor issues with this car over the years but nothing major. People still gawk at this thing like they did from day one. 50 to 100k in second gear snaps you back twin turbo style ! This is a fast car, and will run with the exotic big dogs for pennies on the dollar. Recenty blew off a Charger RT hemi with it eating dust all the way.

4 wheel hicas steering, Electric power adjustable drivers seat. All power accessories.

Still Fun to drive
By cherry red z

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

After 64,000 miles my twin turbo still turns heads! It is a blast to drive and all original features work with the exception of the radio and CD player which I replaced with contemporary equipment including Ipod compatible tuner. I have replaced batteries and a couple of fuel injectors but otherwise it has been maintenance free. In 1997 I added Antera custom rims with 1" wider tires - makes for a more aggressive look. Not worth much on trade or retail but it is not for sale!

Stunning car to own, but bring cash!
By twistedhouse

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

I owned a Silver 92TT for about a year and overall I was very happy with the car, but I spent quite a bit of money on maintenance and upkeep. I replaced the hoses due to a vacuum leak and ended up rebuilding the engine due to connecting rod failure, and replaced the injectors but It was one of the only cars I've owned that I turned around and looked at as I was walking away from it. Beautiful exterior design, and the interior is just as beautiful. The problematic Bose stereo was replaced with an aftermarket system along the way, so no issues there. The car handled great in dry weather, but was a bit scary in the rain. I'd buy another one, but I'd be sure to get one with the kinks worked out.

beautiful inside and out, commands attention and respect from car buffs

engine is very fragile. buy one with low miles or repair history.

chick magnet
By drvroomvroom

1992 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

The look of this car will never get old. I put on a front air dam that makes this z look sick. For being almost 15 years old, this car is in excellent shape. The T-tops are easy to take on and off. Every day I get the.. "nice car"..

Handles like its on tracks..reliable..and oh..ya..chick magnet..

needs cup holders...

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Kevin

1992 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

I can best describe this car as an addiction. I need at least one Nissan Z fix a day. It is very powerful, and handles like no other car I have owned or driven. I would recommend this car to anyone who has a strong appreciation of cars, and not to someone who has no sense of style or performance (Prius Drivers). It has been very reliable, and never fails to get me from point 'a' to point 'z'. If anyone gets a chance to buy one, they should take it!

My favorite features are most notably, the engine. It kicks out a lot of torque off the line, and I always find myself crying "uncle!" way before it does. My next favorite feature(s) are the T-Tops. No one can resist the guy/girl driving around with the tops off in the summer.

I absolutely hate the OEM wheels. They are the ugliest things I have ever witnessed. Next is the transmission's synchronizers. Nissan put the cheapest synchros they could find on this generation. Finally, the brake rotors tend to warp, but they are easily improved by putting on skyline brakes.