1991 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Review: Really fun, but nightmare with

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback - Consumer Review

Really fun, but nightmare with repairs
By Paul Machicao on

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

I first bought this car used from a guy in March of 08. I loved this car a lot. Of all the cars I have driven it's the most fun to drive (mostly due to manual). But 3 months later the clutch went out (partially due to learning stick on this car). I think the clutch was never replaced though. Replaced this and then 2 weeks later the car wouldn't start. Replaced that assuming it was just because of age but it did it again 3 or 4 months later and replaced once again. Strangely enough at a car show I met someone who knew the guy and said he used it as a project car. So I am thinking that may be one reason why the car always had to be repaired.

Overall my favorite features would have to be the fact it was really powerful for a 3.0 non-turboed 6 cylinder. The looks is what sold it, and though it's old, you can really do some nice customizing to it.

The starter. I mean it's a little too late to be suggesting improvements to this discontinued model but still, that did a lot to make me sell it along with the clutch.