Used 1991 Nissan 300ZX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan 300ZX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

Really fun, but nightmare with repairs
By Paul Machicao

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

I first bought this car used from a guy in March of 08. I loved this car a lot. Of all the cars I have driven it's the most fun to drive (mostly due to manual). But 3 months later the clutch went out (partially due to learning stick on this car). I think the clutch was never replaced though. Replaced this and then 2 weeks later the car wouldn't start. Replaced that assuming it was just because of age but it did it again 3 or 4 months later and replaced once again. Strangely enough at a car show I met someone who knew the guy and said he used it as a project car. So I am thinking that may be one reason why the car always had to be repaired.

Overall my favorite features would have to be the fact it was really powerful for a 3.0 non-turboed 6 cylinder. The looks is what sold it, and though it's old, you can really do some nice customizing to it.

The starter. I mean it's a little too late to be suggesting improvements to this discontinued model but still, that did a lot to make me sell it along with the clutch.

Zee Best
By DORFNAIR

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

After 40 plus years of sports car driving I find my '91 300zx 2+2 NA outshines all the others put together. Boulevard cruising or back road spirited drives, the car is great. The non turbo has plenty of get up and go, handles marvelously while being very creature comfortable and easy to drive under most conditions. And the styling, after 17 years still turns heads and will 17 years into the future. A practical, performing true sports car for the ROAD.

Performance, styling, size, 2+2 very practical without losing sports car image or performance. Turbo no doubt faster, but to what purpose.

Would be nice to have better T-top storage. They take up too much "trunk" space when traveling with luggage. But then, have you ever traveled for 2 weeks in an MGB roadster!?!

Free"Z"ing
By USMZ

1991 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

I just bought this 1991 300ZX TT. It has 99K on it, but it was a one owner, garage kept, adult driven vehicle, clean like it was brand new inside and out. I used to look at these cars, when you'd rarely see one, and admire them from a distance, not being close to able to afford one back in the 1990's. I gotta say, my expectations overall, have been far exceeded. My 300Zx TT is 100% stock and it drives very nicely at a relaxed state, but when I want it to, it moves like a leopard with a bad attitude... swift, low and mean. It's a complete driving pleasure no matter the terrain and can turn the most discerning heads. I love it and haven't ever owned any better vehicle! Find a well kept 300ZX and you're not gonna be disappointed!

Some of the nicer features to me are the "leaned-back" cockpit area, the stylish dash/control area, the wide, sturdy body, the T-tops, the handling and of course the dominant power and speed! Oh and there ain't hardly any others out there so you're gonna be noticed for sure!

This is tough, but maybe have less of an over shoulder blind spot, a little better brakes would be a plus. That's about it though. I'm partial of course :)

Awesome
By JDM Z32

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2dr Coupe

Good performance, but I'll be twin-turbo'ing it sometime for more. Nice and low, stiff for stock (good). Handling is amazing, can't imagine how good it'll be with aftermarket coilovers. Extremely fun to drive. Very comfortable interior - only bad thing is no tilt. Requires premium fuel. 5-speed is great. Perfect shifter placement. No cup-holders, but you shouldn't need them in this car! Beautiful design. Definitely an eye-catcher (mine's red). Very light rear end and tight engine space. Great brakes. Overall a great car. Better than most sports cars I've driven. Pretty loud for a stock car. Encountering fellow Z32 owners on the road is great. Whoever said it's a Japanese supercar was right.

Design, handling, performance. I would have put 11 for "Fun to Drive" if it was an option.

None.

good
By Eric Torres

1991 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2dr Coupe

Great car to own. Fun to ride and get in Z clubs and for a 16 year old car, it still gets plenty of attention.

headlights and the cars sexy curves.

• SUV