1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:
Tripple Threat!
By michaelb1236 on 12/19/11 22:58 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

The 90's Z is by far the best vehicles of its era. Its a tripple treat, Style, Comfort, and Performance. Ive owed a 91 300zx for a little over 4 years. the overall design is out standing from its 3l V6 to the exterior design, flawless interior and performance. The z one of the best sports cars to date. Handling in the vehicle is optimal with its front engine RWD makes cornering a blast. If you find your self on a curvy road, you will find no greater experience. The 300zX is a sport "luXury" car, it does not cheat you out of any equipment however the suspension is designed with only one thing in mind performance. over all the z is a magnificent car driven to trill.

Love This Car!
By Stephen on 06/21/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

I really love this car, it drives so smooth and handles way better than most other cars on the road. It has plenty of speed for a 20 year old car, and the interior is amazing. Repairs can be costly but if you take care of it, it will last a very long time. They are also very fun to customize although it requires a lot of knowledge and skill plus a lift lol.

Can't beat it
By Dorfnair on 04/17/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

Having driven sports cars for some 45 years, the 90-96 300ZX is the best bang for the buck out there. Can be a boulevard cruiser, interstate cruiser and best of all, a quick, handling, back roads burner. Maintenance will depend on previous ownership. Find a good one (not easy) and upkeep will not be prohibitive. Is a pleasure to own and drive and still turns heads 14-20 years later. As one reviewer wrote in 1990, "best sports car ever!"

Really fun, but nightmare with repairs
By Paul Machicao on 11/26/08 15:04 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

I first bought this car used from a guy in March of 08. I loved this car a lot. Of all the cars I have driven it's the most fun to drive (mostly due to manual). But 3 months later the clutch went out (partially due to learning stick on this car). I think the clutch was never replaced though. Replaced this and then 2 weeks later the car wouldn't start. Replaced that assuming it was just because of age but it did it again 3 or 4 months later and replaced once again. Strangely enough at a car show I met someone who knew the guy and said he used it as a project car. So I am thinking that may be one reason why the car always had to be repaired.

Zee Best
By DORFNAIR on 07/21/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

After 40 plus years of sports car driving I find my '91 300zx 2+2 NA outshines all the others put together. Boulevard cruising or back road spirited drives, the car is great. The non turbo has plenty of get up and go, handles marvelously while being very creature comfortable and easy to drive under most conditions. And the styling, after 17 years still turns heads and will 17 years into the future. A practical, performing true sports car for the ROAD.

1991 Nissan 300ZX
By chaser_rav on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

My favorite car in the world is the 300ZX. I owned a '91 2+2 for a couple of months in 2001, standard transmission of course. My "Z" had a few problems but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Unfortunetly, I totaled it in October '01. In November '01 I bought a 2000 Escort ZX2 and got a job as a delivery driver. I have been saving money for about a year now and I will soon have my second "Z".

Good, affordable fun
By dmkoger on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

172,000 miles and still going strong.