1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:
Tripple Threat!
By michaelb1236 on 12/19/11 22:58 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

The 90's Z is by far the best vehicles of its era. Its a tripple treat, Style, Comfort, and Performance. Ive owed a 91 300zx for a little over 4 years. the overall design is out standing from its 3l V6 to the exterior design, flawless interior and performance. The z one of the best sports cars to date. Handling in the vehicle is optimal with its front engine RWD makes cornering a blast. If you find your self on a curvy road, you will find no greater experience. The 300zX is a sport "luXury" car, it does not cheat you out of any equipment however the suspension is designed with only one thing in mind performance. over all the z is a magnificent car driven to trill.

'91 300ZX STD
By J. Stein on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This thing handles like no other car I've owned-put a set of sticky tires on it & give me a wicked turning road, and I'm in hog heaven. Also the advertised mileage for it, in my case at least,, is a bit low. I've seen as high as 26 mpg on road trips. Can't complain about that! I always thought this model was the sharpest looking one of the bunch, hands down.

Love This Car!
By Stephen on 06/21/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

I really love this car, it drives so smooth and handles way better than most other cars on the road. It has plenty of speed for a 20 year old car, and the interior is amazing. Repairs can be costly but if you take care of it, it will last a very long time. They are also very fun to customize although it requires a lot of knowledge and skill plus a lift lol.

Can't beat it
By Dorfnair on 04/17/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

Having driven sports cars for some 45 years, the 90-96 300ZX is the best bang for the buck out there. Can be a boulevard cruiser, interstate cruiser and best of all, a quick, handling, back roads burner. Maintenance will depend on previous ownership. Find a good one (not easy) and upkeep will not be prohibitive. Is a pleasure to own and drive and still turns heads 14-20 years later. As one reviewer wrote in 1990, "best sports car ever!"

1991 Nissan 300zx
By colin on 08/15/09 00:17 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

My 300zx was an amazing car!! They all are. I loved the way it performed. Even though it was a non turbo it is still pretty quick sitting at 220hp stock. I have NEVER even sat in a car that handles better than a 300zx. It just grips the road so well. Unfortunately mine was a hole in my wallet and everyone around where I live that owned one that I have talked to said the same thing. That's why I sold my baby. But if you have the money its worth the buy!!!! these cars are so much fun!!!!

Really fun, but nightmare with repairs
By Paul Machicao on 11/26/08 15:04 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

I first bought this car used from a guy in March of 08. I loved this car a lot. Of all the cars I have driven it's the most fun to drive (mostly due to manual). But 3 months later the clutch went out (partially due to learning stick on this car). I think the clutch was never replaced though. Replaced this and then 2 weeks later the car wouldn't start. Replaced that assuming it was just because of age but it did it again 3 or 4 months later and replaced once again. Strangely enough at a car show I met someone who knew the guy and said he used it as a project car. So I am thinking that may be one reason why the car always had to be repaired.

Zee Best
By DORFNAIR on 07/21/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

After 40 plus years of sports car driving I find my '91 300zx 2+2 NA outshines all the others put together. Boulevard cruising or back road spirited drives, the car is great. The non turbo has plenty of get up and go, handles marvelously while being very creature comfortable and easy to drive under most conditions. And the styling, after 17 years still turns heads and will 17 years into the future. A practical, performing true sports car for the ROAD.

Free"Z"ing
By USMZ on 04/05/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Turbo 2dr Coupe

I just bought this 1991 300ZX TT. It has 99K on it, but it was a one owner, garage kept, adult driven vehicle, clean like it was brand new inside and out. I used to look at these cars, when you'd rarely see one, and admire them from a distance, not being close to able to afford one back in the 1990's. I gotta say, my expectations overall, have been far exceeded. My 300Zx TT is 100% stock and it drives very nicely at a relaxed state, but when I want it to, it moves like a leopard with a bad attitude... swift, low and mean. It's a complete driving pleasure no matter the terrain and can turn the most discerning heads. I love it and haven't ever owned any better vehicle! Find a well kept 300ZX and you're not gonna be disappointed!

Awesome
By JDM Z32 on 11/12/07 09:06 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Good performance, but I'll be twin-turbo'ing it sometime for more. Nice and low, stiff for stock (good). Handling is amazing, can't imagine how good it'll be with aftermarket coilovers. Extremely fun to drive. Very comfortable interior - only bad thing is no tilt. Requires premium fuel. 5-speed is great. Perfect shifter placement. No cup-holders, but you shouldn't need them in this car! Beautiful design. Definitely an eye-catcher (mine's red). Very light rear end and tight engine space. Great brakes. Overall a great car. Better than most sports cars I've driven. Pretty loud for a stock car. Encountering fellow Z32 owners on the road is great. Whoever said it's a Japanese supercar was right.

good
By Eric Torres on 01/02/07 00:26 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Turbo 2dr Coupe

Great car to own. Fun to ride and get in Z clubs and for a 16 year old car, it still gets plenty of attention.