Used 1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:

Tripple Threat!
By michaelb1236

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

The 90's Z is by far the best vehicles of its era. Its a tripple treat, Style, Comfort, and Performance. Ive owed a 91 300zx for a little over 4 years. the overall design is out standing from its 3l V6 to the exterior design, flawless interior and performance. The z one of the best sports cars to date. Handling in the vehicle is optimal with its front engine RWD makes cornering a blast. If you find your self on a curvy road, you will find no greater experience. The 300zX is a sport "luXury" car, it does not cheat you out of any equipment however the suspension is designed with only one thing in mind performance. over all the z is a magnificent car driven to trill.

Notable features on the 300zx are ABS, Limited Slip Diff, RWD, Automatic climate control, Rear Heated glass, Heated Mirrors, Folding Rear Seats, Bucket Leather Seats, Bose audio, Power Lock, Power Windows, Power Seat. Power Adjustable mirrors.

Although the 300zx is a fine machine, there are some troubled areas that should have been attended to in the design of the vehicle the most notable is the automatic transmission. The one in my vehicle has had a problem with shifting to late, as well as allowing the engine to rev above its predetermined max shift points. Another issue that HAS been addressed is faulty fuel injectors wreaking havoc on the 90-93 year Z's. All 6 of my injectors had to be replace because they began leaking out side of the fuel rail. Another problem my brother had with his z is one injector got stuck in the on position and caught his car on fire, luckily a bystander had a fire extinguisher.

'91 300ZX STD
By J. Stein

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This thing handles like no other car I've owned-put a set of sticky tires on it & give me a wicked turning road, and I'm in hog heaven. Also the advertised mileage for it, in my case at least,, is a bit low. I've seen as high as 26 mpg on road trips. Can't complain about that! I always thought this model was the sharpest looking one of the bunch, hands down.

T-tops, low wide stance, always gets noticed. Not that many left. It has 295,000 miles on it and it still accelerates like a cheetah!

Love This Car!
By Stephen

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

I really love this car, it drives so smooth and handles way better than most other cars on the road. It has plenty of speed for a 20 year old car, and the interior is amazing. Repairs can be costly but if you take care of it, it will last a very long time. They are also very fun to customize although it requires a lot of knowledge and skill plus a lift lol.

Everything, it's like this car was designed with me in mind, but if i had to choose I'd go with the interior.

The manual transmissions are better than the automatic, cause mine doesn't shift as smoothly as it should, plus they need modern fuel injectors because of the stupidly high ethanol content that they put in gas these days, the ethanol eats the injectors if you don't regularly use injector cleaner.

Can't beat it
By Dorfnair

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

Having driven sports cars for some 45 years, the 90-96 300ZX is the best bang for the buck out there. Can be a boulevard cruiser, interstate cruiser and best of all, a quick, handling, back roads burner. Maintenance will depend on previous ownership. Find a good one (not easy) and upkeep will not be prohibitive. Is a pleasure to own and drive and still turns heads 14-20 years later. As one reviewer wrote in 1990, "best sports car ever!"

Performance (non-turbo, too), handling, styling, ergonomics

Out of the box, none! But, no telling what may have been done to an 18 year old model. If potential buyer, due the homework!

1991 Nissan 300zx
By colin

1991 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

My 300zx was an amazing car!! They all are. I loved the way it performed. Even though it was a non turbo it is still pretty quick sitting at 220hp stock. I have NEVER even sat in a car that handles better than a 300zx. It just grips the road so well. Unfortunately mine was a hole in my wallet and everyone around where I live that owned one that I have talked to said the same thing. That's why I sold my baby. But if you have the money its worth the buy!!!! these cars are so much fun!!!!

I loved the set up on the inside how everything is right at your finger tips. Also EVERYWHERE that I went people world stare and come up and compliment the car. Plus they are so rare people just like it even more and everyone knew it was me cause of that car.

Mine was an auto trans and it just sucked...It rarely shifted smooth. The stock spoilers on them are just junk. I had a fiberglass look alike put on. By now the sound system is out of date. Reliability could use help. Never left me stranded though.