1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Tripple Threat!
By michaelb1236

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

The 90's Z is by far the best vehicles of its era. Its a tripple treat, Style, Comfort, and Performance. Ive owed a 91 300zx for a little over 4 years. the overall design is out standing from its 3l V6 to the exterior design, flawless interior and performance. The z one of the best sports cars to date. Handling in the vehicle is optimal with its front engine RWD makes cornering a blast. If you find your self on a curvy road, you will find no greater experience. The 300zX is a sport "luXury" car, it does not cheat you out of any equipment however the suspension is designed with only one thing in mind performance. over all the z is a magnificent car driven to trill.

Favorite Features

Notable features on the 300zx are ABS, Limited Slip Diff, RWD, Automatic climate control, Rear Heated glass, Heated Mirrors, Folding Rear Seats, Bucket Leather Seats, Bose audio, Power Lock, Power Windows, Power Seat. Power Adjustable mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Although the 300zx is a fine machine, there are some troubled areas that should have been attended to in the design of the vehicle the most notable is the automatic transmission. The one in my vehicle has had a problem with shifting to late, as well as allowing the engine to rev above its predetermined max shift points. Another issue that HAS been addressed is faulty fuel injectors wreaking havoc on the 90-93 year Z's. All 6 of my injectors had to be replace because they began leaking out side of the fuel rail. Another problem my brother had with his z is one injector got stuck in the on position and caught his car on fire, luckily a bystander had a fire extinguisher.

Love This Car!
By Stephen

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

I really love this car, it drives so smooth and handles way better than most other cars on the road. It has plenty of speed for a 20 year old car, and the interior is amazing. Repairs can be costly but if you take care of it, it will last a very long time. They are also very fun to customize although it requires a lot of knowledge and skill plus a lift lol.

Favorite Features

Everything, it's like this car was designed with me in mind, but if i had to choose I'd go with the interior.

Suggested Improvements

The manual transmissions are better than the automatic, cause mine doesn't shift as smoothly as it should, plus they need modern fuel injectors because of the stupidly high ethanol content that they put in gas these days, the ethanol eats the injectors if you don't regularly use injector cleaner.

Can't beat it
By Dorfnair

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

Having driven sports cars for some 45 years, the 90-96 300ZX is the best bang for the buck out there. Can be a boulevard cruiser, interstate cruiser and best of all, a quick, handling, back roads burner. Maintenance will depend on previous ownership. Find a good one (not easy) and upkeep will not be prohibitive. Is a pleasure to own and drive and still turns heads 14-20 years later. As one reviewer wrote in 1990, "best sports car ever!"

Favorite Features

Performance (non-turbo, too), handling, styling, ergonomics

Suggested Improvements

Out of the box, none! But, no telling what may have been done to an 18 year old model. If potential buyer, due the homework!

Really fun, but nightmare with repairs
By Paul Machicao

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

I first bought this car used from a guy in March of 08. I loved this car a lot. Of all the cars I have driven it's the most fun to drive (mostly due to manual). But 3 months later the clutch went out (partially due to learning stick on this car). I think the clutch was never replaced though. Replaced this and then 2 weeks later the car wouldn't start. Replaced that assuming it was just because of age but it did it again 3 or 4 months later and replaced once again. Strangely enough at a car show I met someone who knew the guy and said he used it as a project car. So I am thinking that may be one reason why the car always had to be repaired.

Favorite Features

Overall my favorite features would have to be the fact it was really powerful for a 3.0 non-turboed 6 cylinder. The looks is what sold it, and though it's old, you can really do some nice customizing to it.

Suggested Improvements

The starter. I mean it's a little too late to be suggesting improvements to this discontinued model but still, that did a lot to make me sell it along with the clutch.

Zee Best
By DORFNAIR

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

After 40 plus years of sports car driving I find my '91 300zx 2+2 NA outshines all the others put together. Boulevard cruising or back road spirited drives, the car is great. The non turbo has plenty of get up and go, handles marvelously while being very creature comfortable and easy to drive under most conditions. And the styling, after 17 years still turns heads and will 17 years into the future. A practical, performing true sports car for the ROAD.

Favorite Features

Performance, styling, size, 2+2 very practical without losing sports car image or performance. Turbo no doubt faster, but to what purpose.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have better T-top storage. They take up too much "trunk" space when traveling with luggage. But then, have you ever traveled for 2 weeks in an MGB roadster!?!

1991 Nissan 300ZX
By chaser_rav

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

My favorite car in the world is the 300ZX. I owned a '91 2+2 for a couple of months in 2001, standard transmission of course. My "Z" had a few problems but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Unfortunetly, I totaled it in October '01. In November '01 I bought a 2000 Escort ZX2 and got a job as a delivery driver. I have been saving money for about a year now and I will soon have my second "Z".

Favorite Features

One of my favorite luxeries on the 300ZX is the on-dash climate control. It makes for a real comfortable ride.

Good, affordable fun
By dmkoger

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe

172,000 miles and still going strong.

Favorite Features

Still turns heads, good performance, comfortable seats, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Have to wait until I see the new Z.