1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:
Hands down most fun car EVER
By OC60s300z on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback GS 2dr Coupe

I've only had this car for about 4 months but this car handles and accelerates better than some V8 cars I've owned/driven. I bought it with it needing injectors. Since then, it is absolutely AWESOME! I have a '93 twin turbo Stealth R/T, & a '00 Mustang GT and even w/ the Z being a non-turbo, it'll whip BOTH their a$$es, feels like a more solid, quality built car & is a lot more fun to drive. Just beware of mashing the gas halfway into a corner- it likes to swap ends, & get "squirrely". It'll also turn the back tires into pollution pretty easily at stop lights. Even being 20 yrs old, the styling/design has held up really well. I was in love w/ these cars when i was in H.S. & still am.

This Car Rocks!
By VintageMoon on 02/12/09 21:22 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback GS 2dr Coupe

Found one with very low miles in pristine condition and just had to have it. Much faster and handles way better than the older ones by leaps and bounds! Do not buy it unless you know for a fact when the timing belt was replaced. The book say replace at 60K and they are serious about that. Cost on replacing the belt and water pumps is like 1200.00 so add that to the price of car and drive it to a Nissan dealer that day! It will break even if you are driving like grandma (and you won't, TRUST)! If it breaks, it will destroy the engine!! Even if it breaks while trying to start the engine. It is easy to get 300K+ out of one if you do this! If not, you will pay!

1990 NonTurbo300ZX...Exzzzzzellent
By Jim Conant Omaha Ne on 10/10/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback GS 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 1990 300ZX since 1996 and I have the very highest possible praise for it. I still to this day enjoy driving it so very much. With the t-tops off and the sun shining what can I say? It just makes driving anywhere, vacation highway or intown city, a true joy. Since it is very reliable my cost of ownership has been and continues to be low. It's extremely well made with highest quality materials (shut the door and notice the sound it makes - s-o-l-i-d). Note the interior curve on the passenger side dash - still beautiful after all these years. A super car whose low price one can purchase it for according to BlueBook/Edmunds in no way, shape, or form matches its high quality.

1900 300ZX-Original Owner
By SoMissMiss on 01/28/08 13:38 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback GS 2dr Coupe

This is the most responsive car ever and a real pleasure to drive. Maintenance increased right at 100,000 miles, but put some $ into the old girl, and she's running almost as good as new! I probably won't ever sell as long as I can keep her runnin'!

Excellent Car/Total Satisfaction
By allen lin on 08/16/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Turbo 2dr Coupe

High quality automobile, fun to drive and own. Very competent, precise. 13 years ownership, I love this car. I will keep it for my son to drive it. My son is 9.

Awesome
By kittenz32tt on 04/01/07 16:57 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is an amazing car and just gets better with age. Although parts are expensive it has hardly needed anything.

What A Blast
By gavin_c on 03/17/07 00:19 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my 300zx. If mine ever breaks or I get in a wreck I will do what ever I can to get another one. I have even had to drive it in the snow a few times this winter and it even does pretty good in that. I will tell anyone if you get a chance to drive or buy a 300zx DO IT. My 300zx is so much fun to drive I take back roads everywhere I go just to have fun on the curves. They are fun to drive from 30 mph to 132 mph is the fastest that I have had mine. Which if you ask me is darn good for a 1990 with over 120k miles on it. Overall I give it a 9.6. I love my Nissan 300zx its my baby.

Fun to drive & catches a lot of eyes
By Chris on 01/03/06 20:36 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Turbo 2dr Coupe

The Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo, is a car that with a few modifations can real shock you with their power output. It comes stock with 300 hp, by adding after market turbos, turbo regulator, duel air intake & filters, and performance chip you will be able to outperform most sport cars on the road today. This will easily put you at over 400 hp. This will whip a new Corvette, BMW M3, Etc. When dealing with turbos power is so easy to gain, and you will gain so much more than in non turbo cars. If you want to spend money, because they can be expensive to maintain. I give this car an A, Thanks!

the dream car
By chris on 06/30/05 03:42 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback Turbo 2dr Coupe

when i got the car it had 102,000 miles on it about 5,000 miles later the trans blew and the cam sensor went out. after i got all that taken care of the car has been good to me. there is a few upgraded parts that make the car one hell of a rocket like the boost controller and the jim wolf chip. so when i step on the gas now it just puts you back in your seat. I Would tell you to buy the car but only if you are willing to spend the money to fix it right in the first place.

One of the best sports cars
By 300zx NA on 02/19/05 12:31 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX Hatchback 2+2 2dr Coupe

One of the best sports cars I've ever driven. Excelent performance even non-turbo, getting so much attention -- not even funny. Book says 18mpg in a city, I'm running 23mpg -- incredibly low for this power.