1990 Nissan 300ZX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300ZX model:
Hands down most fun car EVER
By OC60s300z on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

I've only had this car for about 4 months but this car handles and accelerates better than some V8 cars I've owned/driven. I bought it with it needing injectors. Since then, it is absolutely AWESOME! I have a '93 twin turbo Stealth R/T, & a '00 Mustang GT and even w/ the Z being a non-turbo, it'll whip BOTH their a$$es, feels like a more solid, quality built car & is a lot more fun to drive. Just beware of mashing the gas halfway into a corner- it likes to swap ends, & get "squirrely". It'll also turn the back tires into pollution pretty easily at stop lights. Even being 20 yrs old, the styling/design has held up really well. I was in love w/ these cars when i was in H.S. & still am.

This Car Rocks!
By VintageMoon on 02/12/09 21:22 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

Found one with very low miles in pristine condition and just had to have it. Much faster and handles way better than the older ones by leaps and bounds! Do not buy it unless you know for a fact when the timing belt was replaced. The book say replace at 60K and they are serious about that. Cost on replacing the belt and water pumps is like 1200.00 so add that to the price of car and drive it to a Nissan dealer that day! It will break even if you are driving like grandma (and you won't, TRUST)! If it breaks, it will destroy the engine!! Even if it breaks while trying to start the engine. It is easy to get 300K+ out of one if you do this! If not, you will pay!

1990 NonTurbo300ZX...Exzzzzzellent
By Jim Conant Omaha Ne on 10/10/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 1990 300ZX since 1996 and I have the very highest possible praise for it. I still to this day enjoy driving it so very much. With the t-tops off and the sun shining what can I say? It just makes driving anywhere, vacation highway or intown city, a true joy. Since it is very reliable my cost of ownership has been and continues to be low. It's extremely well made with highest quality materials (shut the door and notice the sound it makes - s-o-l-i-d). Note the interior curve on the passenger side dash - still beautiful after all these years. A super car whose low price one can purchase it for according to BlueBook/Edmunds in no way, shape, or form matches its high quality.

1900 300ZX-Original Owner
By SoMissMiss on 01/28/08 13:38 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

This is the most responsive car ever and a real pleasure to drive. Maintenance increased right at 100,000 miles, but put some $ into the old girl, and she's running almost as good as new! I probably won't ever sell as long as I can keep her runnin'!

300ZX
By kulvik on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

Best car ever Best car ever Best car ever Best car ever Best car ever!!!!

Z's Roxorz
By Devin Burritt on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

Z=all the girls stare and all guys want to race. NO trouble getting attention, the best part was i only paid 4k for the car. Unfortunately labor on the car was expensive.Frankly i don't care, i just couldn't afford it anymore with college and all, but I defintely DO NOT regret dumping the money into it, and would continue to dump the money if i had it into today. Other than a 1991 supra turbo (with the cat removed, and a custom exhaust all the way back) it is the fastest car i've driven(hands down faster than my friends new rsx type-s) Recommened for anyone that can afford the maintance

A Z-Car Worthy of Tradition
By Z Lover on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner and am very pleased with my purchase of this high performance sports car from Nissan. Boasting 222 hp, in it's heyday this was top-notch gutwrenching ponies under the hood. It carries itself still today, with aplomb and performance. I can't say anything bad over the years that I've owned this baby. I would consider it a classic carryover of the Z heritage. I still am thrilled by it's performance and managageability.

eye catcher
By eyecatcher on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

i have been trough 3 engine rebuilds in the last 3 yrs. not recomemded to rebuild i learned the hard way. but the veilside body kit made this car have the exotic look. love the interior dash always get asked at gas stations "what kind of car is that?" very fun to drive very delicate engines but the resale is very good. very powerful!!

Head-turner
By vdiddy on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

I first new there was something special the first day I got this car. Summer night with the T-tops off. Six cars wanted to race me that first night. Someone followed me, and offered to buy the car for $3,000 more than I had just paid for it. Even when I'm out around Mercedes, Hummer, BMW, etc., mine is still the car everybody congregates around. The most fun you can have driving from place to place, this car is truely a head-turner.

Love my Z
By Whamel on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan 300ZX GS 2dr Coupe

If you do not have full maintenance records for it - WALK AWAY! I recently spent $4000 on engine repairs due to previous owner neglect. Count on regular expensive maint., running exclusively premium top grade fuel, and NEVER use gas treatments in this car or you will destroy the injectors. Prior to buying, call your local shop and ask them how much it would cost to replace the injectors, change the timing belt, and install a new radiator in a Z - expect to do all 3 at some point.