1997 Nissan 240SX Consumer Review: Used to have a Prelude, now ha

1997 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Review

Used to have a Prelude, now have a 240SX
By brady dohrmann on

1997 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

My previous car was a 1992 Honda Prelude Si, which is a pretty good competitor for this car. The dash is simple and not overstyled (some people may dislike that), the engine it torquey and extremely reliable. The brakes are dissapointing, but they were on the Prelude as well. The engine sound is decent and I love the exhaust sound. Overall build quality is right on par with the Prelude. I autocrossed both cars and the 240SX in addition to being faster in my experience, is a lot more fun to drive. Not only is the car RWD, but it seems to suffer from chronic oversteer - it's great fun! It's an awesome touring coupe.

RWD, aggressive front end, front chin spoiler on SE model, sporty seating position, precise shifter, Limited Slip Diff., nice seats, nice dash, good torque.

More Power! With 175-195hp the 240SX would have been an animal. Other: More headroom. If I was compromising headroom for a 200hp engine, then I wouldn't say anything. ABS would be nice on all cars. My car doesn't have ABS and I have square tires as a result. That's it!