1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
Perfect Everyday Daily Sports Car.
By Perfect240sx on 12/19/08 00:14 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

With a set of snow tires it is excellent in up to a foot of snow. If you are over 6 feet tall you may have to lean the seat back a bit to drive but no matter your height, this car will reward you with years and years of trouble free performance driving. I bought my 1996 240sx SE with 20K on the odometer and have put over 60K on it to date. Maintenance is very very very low on this vehicle! There is NO timing belt to break and destroy your engine either. Nissan uses a chain. My fuel economy over the years: lowest 25 mpg, Highest was 35 mpg. Specs: 5-speed SE, California emissions. I have smoked the tires and redlined it for years regularly without an issue. It's a rare gem.

The little red car
By Jenn on 08/07/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I love this car my mom bought it in 96 and I took it over 03. This car is the best car you could ever have. It has 155k on it and I am just now having to do repairs on it. Everyone know me by my little red car and I get lots of stares when I drive it. This car is so much fun to drive and handles great. I do agree with everyone saying be careful when rains you have to know how to handle it.

My First Car
By Jaxieoh on 06/25/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I searched for over a year in 2001 trying to track down one of these in my area. I knew I wanted a rare car and something with style and the 240sx was exactly that. I've had mine for 7 years with no major issues, just some regular maintenance. This is definitely a reliable car and if and when the time comes to get a new car I can only assume that other vehicles will fall far below the expectations and reliability that my 240 has given me. It's like I'm talking about a friend but truly.. this car really is, because its never let me down.

Excellent
By runnerb240 on 05/02/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is extremely reliable. I have not had any major problems. very easy to work on and I love to drive it.

Love it
By enzo874 on 05/31/07 20:03 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over 3 years. I have loved it ever since and it's great to drive. The car performs beautifully, it's great to drive especially on a nice twisting road. The interior is nice and the 5-speed transmission works great. I have had no major problems with it and have 150,000 miles on it!

1996 Nissan 240SX
By SXManiac on 04/08/07 10:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for a little over 4 years now and and I love it. It's far from stock form now though with the Japanese SR20det motor with 14 lbs of boost and doing about 300 hp at the wheels and lowered 2". I've replaced the hood, trunk, mirrors and other parts with carbon fiber pieces to lighten it up and everywhere I go in it, I get people checking it out and loving it.

i love my car
By shift_slide on 07/27/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

i had the opportunity to purchase one of these amazing cars right after high school and it's been the best first car if you're into cars. it handles great stock but put a new suspension under it and you will keep up with or beat most cars in the corners, provided you know what you're doing. the torque is more than most 4 cyl can dream of, and it has a nice powerband up to 5500. though a set of cams can fix this rather nicely. all in all i love my 240 and though i have tried to sell her 4 times i just can never do it. its a great car and im saddened that people didnt buy more of them when they were new so nissan would have kept building them.

redline
By redline240 on 09/14/05 19:02 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

i have had this car for 3.5 years now and i dont think i could ever get rid of it. this car is a blast to drive but if you dont know what you are doing, stay out of the rain. i would be happy if i never had to buy another car.

Great car
By Melissa on 06/29/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 240 used about five years ago, and I haven't had any problems with it. I've only had to do routine mainteinance, which has been wonderful. This car is fun to drive. I wish that they still made new ones!

Great
By Shanne on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my base model in 1996 Brand new. I added a custom sun roof,Stero radio,cd,cassette player. Gold stripe on the exterior and mud flaps. Air condition. I receive many compliments, as my car is black with the fine gold stripe. Great milage and no problem traveling in any weather.I am 65 yrs old, purchased when I was still working at age 57. It's in great shape and I love it. This is my third Nissan. Maybe this model will return.