1996 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
Perfect Everyday Daily Sports Car.
By Perfect240sx on 12/19/08 00:14 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

With a set of snow tires it is excellent in up to a foot of snow. If you are over 6 feet tall you may have to lean the seat back a bit to drive but no matter your height, this car will reward you with years and years of trouble free performance driving. I bought my 1996 240sx SE with 20K on the odometer and have put over 60K on it to date. Maintenance is very very very low on this vehicle! There is NO timing belt to break and destroy your engine either. Nissan uses a chain. My fuel economy over the years: lowest 25 mpg, Highest was 35 mpg. Specs: 5-speed SE, California emissions. I have smoked the tires and redlined it for years regularly without an issue. It's a rare gem.

The little red car
By Jenn on 08/07/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I love this car my mom bought it in 96 and I took it over 03. This car is the best car you could ever have. It has 155k on it and I am just now having to do repairs on it. Everyone know me by my little red car and I get lots of stares when I drive it. This car is so much fun to drive and handles great. I do agree with everyone saying be careful when rains you have to know how to handle it.

My First Car
By Jaxieoh on 06/25/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I searched for over a year in 2001 trying to track down one of these in my area. I knew I wanted a rare car and something with style and the 240sx was exactly that. I've had mine for 7 years with no major issues, just some regular maintenance. This is definitely a reliable car and if and when the time comes to get a new car I can only assume that other vehicles will fall far below the expectations and reliability that my 240 has given me. It's like I'm talking about a friend but truly.. this car really is, because its never let me down.

Love it
By enzo874 on 05/31/07 20:03 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over 3 years. I have loved it ever since and it's great to drive. The car performs beautifully, it's great to drive especially on a nice twisting road. The interior is nice and the 5-speed transmission works great. I have had no major problems with it and have 150,000 miles on it!

redline
By redline240 on 09/14/05 19:02 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

i have had this car for 3.5 years now and i dont think i could ever get rid of it. this car is a blast to drive but if you dont know what you are doing, stay out of the rain. i would be happy if i never had to buy another car.

Get a 240!
By i_love_nissan on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I love my 240, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Many of my friends have sport compacts and the 240 is by far the best. With a little bit of investment in suspension and performace upgrades you would die for your car. It performs well in the turns but for drag the stock KA24DE engine is strong and great for upgrades. The car is very sought after and you don't see 240's very often so people oh and ah at you.

Still turns heads after 8 years
By nissandude on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased new in 1996 and was a special edition with Purple paint from Nissan. It has every option available and all still work flawlessly. So far, it has 131,000 miles and has had no major service whatsoever. Reliability is an A++++ The best thing about this car is its personality. Everywhere I go I get asked questions about it. I would recommend this car to anyone as it is very fun to drive, handles better than a Corvette (long story), and will surprise you with the power it has for a 4cyl. As with any Nissan - it is a beautiful piece of engineering.

Great Sports Car
By anvildesign on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

This is a great handling car. The motor is truly underpowered - but fun to drive. I've had it for 3 years and not one problem. I truly recommend a 240 if you are looking for a reliable fun to drive car.

My S14
By Jako on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

Great car, motor went at 155K but other than that It seems like a well made car. It would have been nice if Nissan continued the 240sx/silvia line past 99' with the S15, and had made the S15 Silvia available in the US.

The wonderful car
By Jacky Tran on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have purchased this car for 4 months. And I think it was a good choice. It works very well on each mile. I feel comfortable and funny when driving it. I like its charming. At the first time, I thought it was a sport ca for girls. Gradually, I feel it was really a nice and charming one. I love it's exterior.