Used 1996 Nissan 240SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

Perfect Everyday Daily Sports Car.
By Perfect240sx

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

With a set of snow tires it is excellent in up to a foot of snow. If you are over 6 feet tall you may have to lean the seat back a bit to drive but no matter your height, this car will reward you with years and years of trouble free performance driving. I bought my 1996 240sx SE with 20K on the odometer and have put over 60K on it to date. Maintenance is very very very low on this vehicle! There is NO timing belt to break and destroy your engine either. Nissan uses a chain. My fuel economy over the years: lowest 25 mpg, Highest was 35 mpg. Specs: 5-speed SE, California emissions. I have smoked the tires and redlined it for years regularly without an issue. It's a rare gem.

Performance, rear wheel drive, road feel, balance, size, visibility out all angles, low maintenance, cost to operate, fuel economy; 25 mpg lowest 27-28 avg. Mpg (70% city 30% hwy).

2 inches more head room for taller drivers. A Turbo option (US). Make & sell it again using the same formula!

The little red car
By Jenn

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I love this car my mom bought it in 96 and I took it over 03. This car is the best car you could ever have. It has 155k on it and I am just now having to do repairs on it. Everyone know me by my little red car and I get lots of stares when I drive it. This car is so much fun to drive and handles great. I do agree with everyone saying be careful when rains you have to know how to handle it.

I love the car exterior design of the car i think the best

I think that the cd player that came with it needed some help. And the engine light gets stuck on but nothing is wrong with the car, I have been told I don't know how many times

My First Car
By Jaxieoh

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I searched for over a year in 2001 trying to track down one of these in my area. I knew I wanted a rare car and something with style and the 240sx was exactly that. I've had mine for 7 years with no major issues, just some regular maintenance. This is definitely a reliable car and if and when the time comes to get a new car I can only assume that other vehicles will fall far below the expectations and reliability that my 240 has given me. It's like I'm talking about a friend but truly.. this car really is, because its never let me down.

I love the wrap around dash, its like a cockpit, the roomy trunk, and the seats were comfy.

The only issues I ever had were expected with its age so I can't complain and expect everything to last forever! I just wish they still made them or made cars are trusty as this one.

Excellent
By runnerb240

1996 Nissan 240SX 2dr Coupe

This car is extremely reliable. I have not had any major problems. very easy to work on and I love to drive it.

Love it
By enzo874

1996 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over 3 years. I have loved it ever since and it's great to drive. The car performs beautifully, it's great to drive especially on a nice twisting road. The interior is nice and the 5-speed transmission works great. I have had no major problems with it and have 150,000 miles on it!

Handling, stunning looks, handling, smooth transmission, great interior, handling and more handling.

A better horn and bring it back into production; it's a wonderful car.