Used 1995 Nissan 240SX SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

1995 nissan 240sx se
By cameron1517

1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I've had my 95 nissan 240sx about 2 years now. and its easly my favorit car ive had. i got the car with 190k miles on it. and now has 260k miles on it. and still runs like a champ. ive never had to replace anything on the motor or tranny. which is saying alot since im 22 and drive it like a crazy person most the time lmao. car is soo much fun to drive and even at higher speeds its very controlled and feels great. love the gear box smooth and nicely centered. engine bay has a nice set up very easy to do tune ups. im geting about 30mpg in town and 35 on highway. with my mods.before the mods i was geting about 27 in town and 30 on the highway. taking it easy ont he car.

favorite features rear wheel drive very well controlled looks great coming down the road just a real blast to drive.

Amazing car
By jccables

1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

bought the car a little under a year ago and man has it been awesome. It came with a rock hard suspension on it so it can take an off ramp at about 60 before the tires even squeal. The motor has great torque through many rpm ranges and I even managed to get 29 mpg doing 75 mph on a cross country trip home. the inside is freakishly quiet when going high speeds and always goes in any direction you point it when pavement is involved. probably the closest thing to a perfect car I've driven so far.

Stiff suspension, gas mileage, incredible torque for a 4 cylinder, the wow factor from people when they see it.

only complaint I have is the fact that there is not 1 cup holder in the car.

Fun to drive
By Epen

1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I had this car for about 8 years now, no major problem except 1.5 years ago the head gasket was blown. I rated 9 for build quality because the window rubber seals on front and back wind shields deteriorated. The weird/rough shifting feel from 1st to 2nd gear (yes it's an auto). Some electrical problems such as front speakers didn't work, CD player laser lens gave out. It didn't really bother me much since I use tape deck for the mp3 player. Overall, this car needs a bit more power.

Ride height at stock suspension isn't bad. Better feel when you lower it with aftermarket suspension setup. Engine bay is easy to work with, lots of room, and the interior design is great for the 90s era.

Nissan should bring back 240sx successor. The Altima 2dr isn't ideal in my book (no offense to altima owners)

In all a great little car
By josh1986

1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

Wanted to wait until I had some mileage on the car to write a review and here is what I've come up with. Bought the car December of 2009 with 80,000 miles on it and all I had to do was clean it up after it sat for 6-8 months. Since buying it I've had some Minot things go wrong such as: the stock headers blew a weld so I had to put on aftermarket headers that actually came with the car and now since the car sits so low I've ripped up the wiring harness for the exhaust sensors on the bottom. Other than that though the car has been a complete pleasure to drive and extremely reliable and smooth shifting. I will say that they should have put some actual cup holders in it. Besides that. Great.

5 speed, ride quality, field of vision is amazing, gas mileage, rwd!, if you have a 5 speed snow isn't so much of a problem once you get accustomed, paint stays good on the car forever! And if you use the right stuff the interior doesn't fade from the sun. Mine looks amazing after 15 years :d

They've stopped making them so there really isn't anything to improve upon. Probably one of the last great road cars built purely for enjoyment. Not made for luxury just to enjoy the road with so if you want features you should probably look elsewhere.

Best decision ever
By josh1986

1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my car in December and waited until now to review it as just a couple hundred miles doesn't cut it and WOW. I've heard stories of how great these cars are but once you drive one you will never want to give it up. My girlfriend liked mine so much she got one herself though we have to get rid of her's because now we need a larger vehicle. Engine sounds great with headers and exhaust on it and for 15 years old now the car still looks as good as any other brand new car on the road. I receive compliments all the time and have even gotten pulled over so that the cop could look at it. That's what I call awesome. Bring them back Nissan!

4 cyl., a true 5 speed, gas mileage, the confidence you gain driving it, build quality is impeccable on mine, power everything

stock sound seems very poor compared to my Xterra so I'm investing in new sound. other than that I really have no complaints. Car is the best I've ever owned.