Used 1993 Nissan 240SX Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

Affordable RWD Fun
By Alex

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The 240SX is so much fun to drive. The best part of the car is that it is RWD. It's also an affordable, reliable, agile, fun car. It handles better than I can. It gets pretty good gas mileage, especially considering how fast it goes. The way the fastback is situated with the backseat gives great cargo room. I play the tuba, and I can fit 3 tubas and 2 people in the car all at once. There's lots of room under the hood, so you can do whatever you want to the car and it's easy to work on.

Favorite Features

It handles beautifully. It responds instantly, and it looks great. I've never driven with someone who didn't love the car. No one believes me when I tell them it's a four cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

The backseat is very small, but we all know that 2+2 means 2 plus a 2 year old. Just get a sedan if you are driving 4 people daily.

Poor Man's Sports Car
By KWilco

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have liked the looks of the 240SX since it came out. I like good looks and simple lines. This car fit the bill for me. it has a really responsive four-cylinder engine with fantastic stability, tight steering, and enough road feel to feel like a sports car.

Favorite Features

Steering, classic, and good looks.

Suggested Improvements

The gear ratios for the transmission definitely need improvement. There is way too low in the first two gears.

AFTER 11 YEARS, STILL OWN IT
By mixnmatch77

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car brand new, and never regretted it. Only time it gave up on me was when the starter gave out at 190,500 miles. Over the years, this hatchback gave me outstanding reliability. It was a fun-to-drive rear- wheeled drive, with minimized roll on tight speed-turns, good acceleration (160 ft/lbs of torque at around 4000 rpm), very good fuel consumption, and an outstanding drive-train, not to mention the sporty good looks. I love this car!

Favorite Features

Peppy 2.4L 4cy engine, hatchback style with plenty of cargo space when the rear seats are folded down, rear-wheel drive, very good mileage consumption for the HP it generates, sporty good looks, outstanding power train.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle is no longer in production.

My 240 - reviving it just now
By Bobs240sx

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

An excellent car that I never have to worry about. It has been really reliable and I just love it. I am starting to put work into it now to restore it a bit rather than go out and buy a new car.

Favorite Features

Cornering is very tight. Limited only by the tires I have.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely a cup holder as said earlier.

pretty tight
By crackcrack

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

it is fun it seems like there is a little something behind it, specially in the 60-90 range. Very very skiddish, had it 2 mths and 2 fishtails, a third minor one today testing turning radius. maybe i need to put some ballast in car. mechanics feel good, engine sounds nice.

Favorite Features

short-throw stick, all pedals feel good and responsive, looks different from most cars in its class.

Suggested Improvements

half the time it feels like its flying off the ground.