1993 Nissan 240SX Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
Affordable RWD Fun
By Alex on 08/25/07 07:11 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The 240SX is so much fun to drive. The best part of the car is that it is RWD. It's also an affordable, reliable, agile, fun car. It handles better than I can. It gets pretty good gas mileage, especially considering how fast it goes. The way the fastback is situated with the backseat gives great cargo room. I play the tuba, and I can fit 3 tubas and 2 people in the car all at once. There's lots of room under the hood, so you can do whatever you want to the car and it's easy to work on.

Best car ever owned
By thecrow on 12/06/05 02:23 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

First car that i have owned that has not failed to start in cold weather. Most reliabille car for a daily driver. Fun car to drive during snow, rain, dry, hot or cold. Have not had a single problem with the car.

Fun car
By Joe on 10/31/05 19:55 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had it for almost a year know. Have not had any trouble with it except for the wear and tear but that is expected out of any car.

Poor Man's Sports Car
By KWilco on 12/19/04 14:27 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have liked the looks of the 240SX since it came out. I like good looks and simple lines. This car fit the bill for me. it has a really responsive four-cylinder engine with fantastic stability, tight steering, and enough road feel to feel like a sports car.

Reliable Beauty
By Bucknbull on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought it with 28k miles and now has 183k. Has ran great. With manual trans. it is fun driving both in city and highway. Conducted only standard maintainance and with only minor repairs. Only thing showing wear at this point is interior but nothing out of the ordinary. There is still very little interior rattling. Engine sounds as though it can go at least another 100k miles and transmission is still smooth. Plenty of low-end torque and acceleration. It has been a fun car.

Nissan 240sx
By CC Adams on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have loved this car. Changed the oil, changed the tires and battery. Had reccommended service. New brakes at 135000 miles. Only mechanical problem didn't happen until 160000+ miles. Had to replace the radiator etc, Still having that problem. Dealership coated the exterior on a regular basis for 2 years and finish still looks good.

Great Car
By sethulrich on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 194,000 miles. Now it has 230,000 plus, and still runs strong. Very fun car. Unique in that it is a compact import that is rear wheel drive! And you don't see them everywhere...they are a rare compared to other imports.

Nissan 240 SX SE HB
By Brett Bavasso on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 240 with 55K last year. Today it has 80K. I am a delivery boy at a chinese restaurant so i am ALWAYS in my car. Its reliability is absoultely amazing. I nevr have a problem. I do push the car to its limits and i always satified. It get to top speed quickly and the handling is outstanding. Ive gotten the car to about 125 mph and it stayed rock solid. It is also a great platform for customization. I recommend this car as a tuning car over any other car beacause its cheap and is load of power from the start. Civics are all and good but they suck performance wise as stock models. 240 RULES!

Performs great for a money pit
By acuralegend on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 93 240 at 110K miles. Ever since it has given me horrible electric problems. Alternator goes out, both window motors fail, brake switch failed (3 times), speaker wires failed. If you read anything about this car you'll notice it has huge elctrical problems. The engine always ran strong though, and I never had to repair any part of the drivetrain at all. This car is SO much fun to drive, but not worth the expense. I'm buying an Acura Legend LS instead of another 240.

Awesome Nissan
By twenty2 on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My 240 has 145,000 miles on it and it still runs VERY strong...it needs a new clutch and the heater isn't as hot as i'd like it but it is still a very good car for the money!