Used 1992 Nissan 240SX SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan 240sx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

Don't Think Twice About Owning the 240sx!
By ronedee

1992 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

If you have a chance to get one of these don't hesitate! I got a '92 several years ago w/ 127k. It now has 176k and is as strong as ever! The only parts needing to be changed were the usual suspects: starter, alternator, battery and tires. Just as the other 240 lovers say she: handles like a dream, power is just right for the mileage which I put around 26-28 mpg (mixed). That's if you don't push her hard...which is hard not to do! And great mpg for an automatic too! The engine, if taken proper care of, will outlast the body for sure! Just a fun, FUN car to own and drive. I will miss her when shes gone.

Favorite Features

Handling around corners will leave the average car in the dust.... and power that is a great compromise between gas mileage and fun! Very comfortable for a small car. Timing "chain", instead of flimsy belts!!!

Suggested Improvements

I'm thinking.......hmmmmmm...

Can Never Part With It...
By kman240

1992 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought my 240SX in 1992 brand new and after 17 years it runs like the day I bought it! Now has 250000 km but still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I test drive and rent alot of cars but always am glad to come back to my 240!! Very easy to work on and parts everywhere! The car is very well put together in a common sense kind of way. I will be extremely sad the day I have to part with this fantastic car!!!! I still bet a couple of offers a year to sell it!...Noooo way!!!!

Favorite Features

handling and looks!

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy could be better

My 92 240sx
By silvia180sx

1992 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car brand new when it first came out and still have it till this day. Put about 230,000 miles on it about 2 years ago and did a motor swap to sr20det. Best car ever driven in my life. Would never get rid of it. Nissan is releasing there new 240sx in 2010. should be sweet cuz its coming turbo

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

motor swap.

tough little booger
By big boy

1992 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car a couple of years ago with 103,000 miles it now has 155,000 and all i had to replace was a water pump ($60) and the valve cover gasket ($17). It handles like a champ (even after a wreck that damaged the support core)And it has enough power to give alot of cars a good run.One thing that is great about this car is that it has a huge selection of aftermarket and jdm performance parts and is capable of mking 400-500 horsepowerwith ease

Favorite Features

Handles good,Good aftermarket selection,great for drifting,reliability

Suggested Improvements

Kinda cramped interior,Has a few rattles and does not react good to bumps

ONE Happy Fan
By Lottabody

1992 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I enjoy my 240SX...I also own a Mercedes Benz C Class Sport Sedan (another great car) but I find so much enjoyment from my 240SX. Great gas mileage (a BIG PLUS now), great handling, and a very sporty look..great accelaration..TIGHT. I will never part with this car..I have had people approach me to purchase this car and it is 12 years old this year. When I tell them that it makes them want to buy it more..low mileage..

Favorite Features

The sleek design

Suggested Improvements

NONE