Used 1992 Nissan 240SX Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan 240sx - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

You gotta love this car!
By 240ifyouplease

1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got my 240 as a 16th birthday present in '97 and have been driving it ever since. I absolutely love this car! The manual transmission is so much fun to drive, whether it's up and down hills, in the city, or on the highway. I don't know if this is just my 240, but it's never happier than when it's doing 90+ on the highway. A bigger back seat would be a dream, but it's a 2 door coupe, so c'est la vie. I actually feel like it has good-sized trunk for a car of its size. Have had no huge problems in all the time that I've been driving it, other than a recently undiagnosed problem with the car starting from time to time. Drives smooth, great brakes. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys driving.

Favorite Features

The smooth transitions between its five speeds. Easy to change oil and oil filter. Smooth external body contour. Easy to use, intuitive layout. Well placed speakers.

Suggested Improvements

Like a couple of others have said, a cup holder would be great.

This car is indescribable great.
By BaylentheSky

1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 240SX standard coupe in 2000 and have never regretted buying it. It has NEVER been to a shop except for a tune up, and I change my own brakes/oil. I'm telling you this car is very very reliable. And let's talk about speed, I smoke automatic Mustangs and Eclipse ALL the time, weak American muscles can't stand my little 4 banger :) very very nice handling. And my car is all stock thank you very much :) It's a pleasure to drive except it's too noisy on the freeway due to wind noise, but I don't mind that. I sold my car and I regretted it truly, I asked the guy I sold it to if he could sell me the car back. He asked if I was joking :) and refused to.

Favorite Features

Definitely handling, and nice stock performance for such a cheap car. Stylish too, and a HUGE aftermarket parts.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm I have nothing I wish to improve upon. I could wish for more performance but then there is the 300ZX, I could wish for more comfort but then seriously, I'd take performance over comfort anyday :)

my fav car
By koley

1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was hesitant at first about getting my car, but after a few spins, I soon learned that my daily drives to school were more than a chore.

Performance and fuel economy
By moyeh

1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

reliable, good speed, relatively easy to do maintenance on, has good stability on the highway.

Favorite Features

I like the dual rear view mirrors ,layout of the guages, dual overhead cams and the horsepower for the engine size I like the sportscar look and profile. Love the way it handles curves at high speed.

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier antenna. More backseat room.