1992 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
Don't Think Twice About Owning the 240sx!
By ronedee on 03/11/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

If you have a chance to get one of these don't hesitate! I got a '92 several years ago w/ 127k. It now has 176k and is as strong as ever! The only parts needing to be changed were the usual suspects: starter, alternator, battery and tires. Just as the other 240 lovers say she: handles like a dream, power is just right for the mileage which I put around 26-28 mpg (mixed). That's if you don't push her hard...which is hard not to do! And great mpg for an automatic too! The engine, if taken proper care of, will outlast the body for sure! Just a fun, FUN car to own and drive. I will miss her when shes gone.

Can Never Part With It...
By kman240 on 12/22/09 09:46 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought my 240SX in 1992 brand new and after 17 years it runs like the day I bought it! Now has 250000 km but still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I test drive and rent alot of cars but always am glad to come back to my 240!! Very easy to work on and parts everywhere! The car is very well put together in a common sense kind of way. I will be extremely sad the day I have to part with this fantastic car!!!! I still bet a couple of offers a year to sell it!...Noooo way!!!!

My 92 240sx
By silvia180sx on 07/30/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car brand new when it first came out and still have it till this day. Put about 230,000 miles on it about 2 years ago and did a motor swap to sr20det. Best car ever driven in my life. Would never get rid of it. Nissan is releasing there new 240sx in 2010. should be sweet cuz its coming turbo

tough little booger
By big boy on 06/04/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car a couple of years ago with 103,000 miles it now has 155,000 and all i had to replace was a water pump ($60) and the valve cover gasket ($17). It handles like a champ (even after a wreck that damaged the support core)And it has enough power to give alot of cars a good run.One thing that is great about this car is that it has a huge selection of aftermarket and jdm performance parts and is capable of mking 400-500 horsepowerwith ease

ONE Happy Fan
By Lottabody on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I enjoy my 240SX...I also own a Mercedes Benz C Class Sport Sedan (another great car) but I find so much enjoyment from my 240SX. Great gas mileage (a BIG PLUS now), great handling, and a very sporty look..great accelaration..TIGHT. I will never part with this car..I have had people approach me to purchase this car and it is 12 years old this year. When I tell them that it makes them want to buy it more..low mileage..

nice
By meeeaow on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

popular enthusiast car. very reliable, sporty.

My 92 Nissan 240SX
By Dr. Vic on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my 240SX based soley on appearance. I thought "this is one hot looking car". The car was in superior physical and mechanical condition for a car that was 8 years old. The 240 is not the fastest car out there, but one of the best handling cars I know of. Accelerating through the gears is an exhilarating experience, pegging the spedometer happens before you know it. This vehicle outperforms most vehicles on mountain roads due to its exceptional handling characteristics. I have had no incidences of mechanical problems other than normal wear parts and runs as well now, at 165,000 miles, as it did when I bought it with 75,000 miles on it.

Excellent overall
By kilo on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

The 1992 Nissan 240SX was a quality buy for me. I bought it used with 160,000 miles on it. It now has 217,000 and is running beautifully. I don't have many problems with it for how many miles it has on it. Other than scheduled maintenances, the only things that had to be replaced were the alternator and fuel injectors, and a brake caliper. Considering how many miles it has on there, I can't complain at all. It is extremely reliable car, city or highway driving.

Swap in a Japan spec turbo motor.
By 180sx_Type X on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Depending on the state you live in, you have the option of legally installing a non-US spec motor. In Japan, the 240SX fastback was known as a 180SX. Some models where sold there with a different turbocharged motor known as the SR20DET. In addition the same body style was still in production until 1998 and had a revised front facia, agressive spoiler, and better tail lights. All of these items can easily be adapted to your US car, thus creating an extremly fast and inexpensive daily driver that looks and preforms great(Boxter S great). With few aftermarket mods, it is laughably easy to produce 250-300hp

High Maintenence
By kosmo on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

This car has a good engine, very reliable as far as the motor is concerned. I have had alot of expenses from this car though. I have had to replace one transmission, a battery, two clutches, two fuel filters, have had to had the injectors cleaned twice, the automatic seatbelts quit working, the wiring for the tail lights was replaced, the passenger lap belt locks and wont release, lines in rear window for defrost are broken. Gas milage is only around 18-20 mpg which I think is very low for a 4 cylinder. Not alot of power.