Used 1992 Nissan 240SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

Don't Think Twice About Owning the 240sx!
By ronedee

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

If you have a chance to get one of these don't hesitate! I got a '92 several years ago w/ 127k. It now has 176k and is as strong as ever! The only parts needing to be changed were the usual suspects: starter, alternator, battery and tires. Just as the other 240 lovers say she: handles like a dream, power is just right for the mileage which I put around 26-28 mpg (mixed). That's if you don't push her hard...which is hard not to do! And great mpg for an automatic too! The engine, if taken proper care of, will outlast the body for sure! Just a fun, FUN car to own and drive. I will miss her when shes gone.

Handling around corners will leave the average car in the dust.... and power that is a great compromise between gas mileage and fun! Very comfortable for a small car. Timing "chain", instead of flimsy belts!!!

I'm thinking.......hmmmmmm...

Can Never Part With It...
By kman240

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought my 240SX in 1992 brand new and after 17 years it runs like the day I bought it! Now has 250000 km but still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I test drive and rent alot of cars but always am glad to come back to my 240!! Very easy to work on and parts everywhere! The car is very well put together in a common sense kind of way. I will be extremely sad the day I have to part with this fantastic car!!!! I still bet a couple of offers a year to sell it!...Noooo way!!!!

handling and looks!

fuel economy could be better

nissan
By ed miller

1992 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

this car has bad paint and interior,as well it breaks down all the time. The gas mileage is really bad and it is not fun to drive. I have to have some type of car

sports car

no improvements

My 92 240sx
By silvia180sx

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car brand new when it first came out and still have it till this day. Put about 230,000 miles on it about 2 years ago and did a motor swap to sr20det. Best car ever driven in my life. Would never get rid of it. Nissan is releasing there new 240sx in 2010. should be sweet cuz its coming turbo

everything

motor swap.

You gotta love this car!
By 240ifyouplease

1992 Nissan 240SX 2dr Coupe

I got my 240 as a 16th birthday present in '97 and have been driving it ever since. I absolutely love this car! The manual transmission is so much fun to drive, whether it's up and down hills, in the city, or on the highway. I don't know if this is just my 240, but it's never happier than when it's doing 90+ on the highway. A bigger back seat would be a dream, but it's a 2 door coupe, so c'est la vie. I actually feel like it has good-sized trunk for a car of its size. Have had no huge problems in all the time that I've been driving it, other than a recently undiagnosed problem with the car starting from time to time. Drives smooth, great brakes. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys driving.

The smooth transitions between its five speeds. Easy to change oil and oil filter. Smooth external body contour. Easy to use, intuitive layout. Well placed speakers.

Like a couple of others have said, a cup holder would be great.