1992 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
Don't Think Twice About Owning the 240sx!
By ronedee on 03/11/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

If you have a chance to get one of these don't hesitate! I got a '92 several years ago w/ 127k. It now has 176k and is as strong as ever! The only parts needing to be changed were the usual suspects: starter, alternator, battery and tires. Just as the other 240 lovers say she: handles like a dream, power is just right for the mileage which I put around 26-28 mpg (mixed). That's if you don't push her hard...which is hard not to do! And great mpg for an automatic too! The engine, if taken proper care of, will outlast the body for sure! Just a fun, FUN car to own and drive. I will miss her when shes gone.

Can Never Part With It...
By kman240 on 12/22/09 09:46 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought my 240SX in 1992 brand new and after 17 years it runs like the day I bought it! Now has 250000 km but still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I test drive and rent alot of cars but always am glad to come back to my 240!! Very easy to work on and parts everywhere! The car is very well put together in a common sense kind of way. I will be extremely sad the day I have to part with this fantastic car!!!! I still bet a couple of offers a year to sell it!...Noooo way!!!!

nissan
By ed miller on 07/28/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

this car has bad paint and interior,as well it breaks down all the time. The gas mileage is really bad and it is not fun to drive. I have to have some type of car

My 92 240sx
By silvia180sx on 07/30/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car brand new when it first came out and still have it till this day. Put about 230,000 miles on it about 2 years ago and did a motor swap to sr20det. Best car ever driven in my life. Would never get rid of it. Nissan is releasing there new 240sx in 2010. should be sweet cuz its coming turbo

You gotta love this car!
By 240ifyouplease on 06/21/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX 2dr Coupe

I got my 240 as a 16th birthday present in '97 and have been driving it ever since. I absolutely love this car! The manual transmission is so much fun to drive, whether it's up and down hills, in the city, or on the highway. I don't know if this is just my 240, but it's never happier than when it's doing 90+ on the highway. A bigger back seat would be a dream, but it's a 2 door coupe, so c'est la vie. I actually feel like it has good-sized trunk for a car of its size. Have had no huge problems in all the time that I've been driving it, other than a recently undiagnosed problem with the car starting from time to time. Drives smooth, great brakes. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys driving.

Make more
By Cyphin on 12/13/06 15:18 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

This is a wonderful car. The car hugs the road better than any other car I've driven. Little bit weak in th engine for my killing, but then again, I can never go fast enough. I LOVE the interior but the pop-up lights are a bit ugly. Other than that, I must say that this car is definitely worthy of an A+.

nice, but no miata
By Oni_SX_LE on 01/14/06 23:36 PM (PST)

1992 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

it's truly a nice car, i'm sure when it was fresh from the lot it was a blast. But it seems age is beginning to catch up with the poor thing, the once very high-tech 4 wheel HICAS steering system is buggy at best, and such comfort items like the clutch dampner box have become a problem. The motor is a strong point, it is very reliable, and builds power uniformly across the power band. the interior is very simple, neat and driver friendly. The exterior is among one of the timeless designs that still looks sporty even among the ranks of the new Z

This car is indescribable great.
By BaylentheSky on 06/29/05 03:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 240SX standard coupe in 2000 and have never regretted buying it. It has NEVER been to a shop except for a tune up, and I change my own brakes/oil. I'm telling you this car is very very reliable. And let's talk about speed, I smoke automatic Mustangs and Eclipse ALL the time, weak American muscles can't stand my little 4 banger :) very very nice handling. And my car is all stock thank you very much :) It's a pleasure to drive except it's too noisy on the freeway due to wind noise, but I don't mind that. I sold my car and I regretted it truly, I asked the guy I sold it to if he could sell me the car back. He asked if I was joking :) and refused to.

tough little booger
By big boy on 06/04/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car a couple of years ago with 103,000 miles it now has 155,000 and all i had to replace was a water pump ($60) and the valve cover gasket ($17). It handles like a champ (even after a wreck that damaged the support core)And it has enough power to give alot of cars a good run.One thing that is great about this car is that it has a huge selection of aftermarket and jdm performance parts and is capable of mking 400-500 horsepowerwith ease

ONE Happy Fan
By Lottabody on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I enjoy my 240SX...I also own a Mercedes Benz C Class Sport Sedan (another great car) but I find so much enjoyment from my 240SX. Great gas mileage (a BIG PLUS now), great handling, and a very sporty look..great accelaration..TIGHT. I will never part with this car..I have had people approach me to purchase this car and it is 12 years old this year. When I tell them that it makes them want to buy it more..low mileage..