1991 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
great but needs work
By dont ask on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

the car is great. fun sporty and nice on the inside. i think it does lack power and aftermarket parts. other then that its has potential.

My dream car!
By Rob Stires on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

Iv'e dreamed of owning a 240SX for years, the car was handed to me with no motor, free of charge. $800.00 for a used, low milage, engine. I put the motor in myself, and the car is a dream. She is only a few steps away from an Auto-Cross racer. The handling is superb and the tourqey truck motor pulls things along nicely. Many have complained of it weather (e.g. snow, rain, etc.) but I have had no complaints as long as you respect the abilities of this car. 155 horsepower not enough? Send her to a performace shop for an engine swap (SR20DET, from the Japanese version) and your sitting at a stout 220HP with room to breathe. A deffinit winner!

the most reliable car
By jay on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX Limited 2dr Hatchback

this car is awesome! at 260,000km and am just replacing the clutch. have a leak in the rear power steering line (its a hicas) but love the car, had a 99 mustang gt and this feels cooler to drive miss the power tho. definitely recommend one.

240sx has a ton of aftermarket upgrade's
By sylence on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Wow, the car is amazing! look great, feels great, sounds great. I just bought the car a few days ago and really didn't know what the car was capiable of.So im on the internet looking for bodykits for the car(im big time in the import scean)so i can hook my car up!. The car, with the bodykits, ONE WORD wwwwwoooooowwwww amazing! and the hp:155 and TQ:160 can be hooked (with aftermarket performance parts)up to be a Hp:5/600 car with TQ:5/580. I'll bet your intrested in the 240sx now!

Reliable and Fun
By lm999 on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

My father bought this car in September of 1991, I was 14 at the time, and I couldn't wait until I got my driver's license. Twelve years later he purchased a new car and I inherited the 240. Twelve years later the car still runs like a dream. She just passed inspection with flying colors. This car has over 250,000 miles on the original clutch and enough HP to satisfy most. I will miss this car dearly when it's time for me to buy my own new car.

My beloved
By Fentanyl on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my 240SX since new and its been a great ride. Fit and finish still feels like new. 200000 miles plus and it doesn't burn oil. Hicas system makes the ride a dream for a car in its class. Lots of fun! One of the only cars in its class that's still a rear wheel drive. Highly recommended.

Sad Day When I sell
By Clem T on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

This car is awesome. I really need a larger car for my kids, who in a year or two won't fit in the back seat. Unbelievably reliable. Only new brakes, tires and alternator in the 11 years I have owned it.

Great car
By G. Hroch on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this 240sx for $700, and all it needs was a new engine. I got a 55000 mile engine for it a few days later for another $700 and it has now ran like new. Compared to my Dodge Stealth that I sold, it gets better gas mileage and is much more dependable. I'm looking to put on a body kit and a SR20DET soon...

great car at small price
By hugostv on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX 2dr Hatchback

I've bought this car with 270 clicks on it, it never failed me since then. I love the performance although I am lookin to do engine swap to increase horsepower. Love the design - you wont find anythin as goodlookin for that year for that price. I spent 3,500$ on it and I am lookin to hold this car for a long time. I wasnt surprised to find the same respnonse from other drivers. I love this car.

This car rocks
By Beef on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for the price, but after i drove it, i realized how lucky i was to have bought it. The handling is out of this world, and it never breaks down. My dad has one too and it has never broken down in the 11 years that he has owned it. I love this car and you will too.