Used 1991 Nissan 240SX Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

Great little sports car!
By Steve

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, I hit 300k miles and the engine finally died (thrown rod). Original transmission still works, no major repairs were ever needed. I replaced the starter several years ago and a couple brake rotors. That's it! very reliable and zippy car. I'm ready to put in a new engine and start all over again!

Like I said, it's zippy!

Yeah, that rear spoiler is the only "spoiler."

Corner carver
By Jonathan

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I highly recommend these cars to anyone looking for a fun, reliable car at a great price. I live in the mountains and enjoy my drive down to work and back up every day. The car handles great and is a joy to push hard through the turns. While the engine could stand a few more HP, the torque is good enough that I can carry plenty of speed without the need to downshift. If you need more power to keep you happy, there is an allmost endless supply of aftermarket parts and turbo kits.

Plain and simple, the way the car handles. It's a lot of fun to leave the more expensive cars with more power so far behind.

I used Eibach Pro Kit springs, KYB AGX struts and front and rear strut braces. I also went with 17" wheels with 215/45 tires. I plan to upgrade the sway bars next then maybe start saving for a turbo kit.

love it!
By snoopy

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1991 240SX when I graduated from college - 13 years later it is still going strong and still looks great! I have been absolutely amazed at how reliable it has been. We have had no problems with it mechanically other than getting it to pass the bi-annual emissions inspection. The Nissan dealer was aware that this could be tricky and took care of it for me each time.

I bought it for its looks (interior and exterior) in 1991 and it still looks modern.

It really could use cup holders!

Great car
By G. Hroch

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this 240sx for $700, and all it needs was a new engine. I got a 55000 mile engine for it a few days later for another $700 and it has now ran like new. Compared to my Dodge Stealth that I sold, it gets better gas mileage and is much more dependable. I'm looking to put on a body kit and a SR20DET soon...

Looks, Handling, Fun to Drive, Cheap to maintain, easy on gas.

Stock KA24DE is sluggish, although it would still kick some Honda rear :P

great car at small price
By hugostv

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I've bought this car with 270 clicks on it, it never failed me since then. I love the performance although I am lookin to do engine swap to increase horsepower. Love the design - you wont find anythin as goodlookin for that year for that price. I spent 3,500$ on it and I am lookin to hold this car for a long time. I wasnt surprised to find the same respnonse from other drivers. I love this car.

amazing turner, great handlin on highway, very reliable.

needs sr20det engine with 220 hp, cupholders, for the sports coupe- seats at the back have little space.