1991 Nissan 240SX LE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

240SX
By thegame213la

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is great to me I had many cars in my past and I have to say the Nissan 240sx is the best overall great performance I got it with tein superstreet coilovers and I put a catback exhaust a dvd and navigation system it has 18" super advans with falken fk452 the interrior looked Nice but I replaced the two front seats with bride racing seats and takata racing harnest the exterrior looked Nice but iadded on the very sexy orgin body kit the original color was red but I repainted it piano black with 12 coats of clear the car not only looks sexy but drives better than it looks

Favorite Features

everything was great and i love the power stering no under steer or over steer

Suggested Improvements

i didnt like the automatic seat belts not my thing!

AWESOME FREAKING CAR
By Dirty Phil

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is so sweet. I bought it with 150k on it and it has not been giving me problems for the first month that i had it. I bought it with S14 seat and suede door panels and glove box so my interior looks amazing. With my megan racing suspension it handles like a dream. My odometer sticks though so i really don't know how many miles are on the car but its cool KA's are very reliable. Great engine with a great drivetrain and so many mods out there for this car. I love it after owing this for only a month i never want a new car again unless its a 300zx or a skyline.

Favorite Features

RWD!! Its so much fun on dry road but so much more in snow. I love the sound of the after market exhaust the engine purrs beautifully. Stick is a must in this car and it makes the car even better. Also it is so light and easy to kick out good weight to power ratio.

Suggested Improvements

First thing is cup holders for sure i wish it had some. More leg room for the back bench. Maybe a little more power. For the S13 definitely some better seat but I already have S14 seats and a leather back bench so its not affecting me but other than that there is really no improvements to be made.

1991 240sx
By TvM

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

Have had this car for almost a year and been in family brand new. The car has been wrecked 4 times 2 major by previous family members and runs great! I had recently been forced into a curb at 50 mph and was still able to drive the car around town. It flat can take a beating. The thing that really hinders the car is its fuel injectors. I am replacing one at least every 2 months.

Favorite Features

It's quick, low and rear pos. control. The hatchback trunk. Long stretch body style.

Suggested Improvements

A way to repair the fuel injectors once and for all. Better a/c unit i am a water fall in this heat.

Very Happy
By na

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

Love this car. I have 153K now and the first thing died (starter). Still running the same everything (belts, hoses, pumps, gaskets, CV joints) and even same clutch. The only thing that's been replaced is the brake pads (same roters), battery, tires, exhaust (Borla now), and light bulbs. Great car that if you take care of it, it will pay you back with a fun reliable ride. I've read about trans issues and I believe that's drivers abuse. If you're patient and gentle with the 1st to 2nd shift it will not brake on you and don't slam the doors and the windows will not break too. I'm starting to see a spot of rust in the wheel well and paint is looking faded, but other than that it's great!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and extremely reliable

Suggested Improvements

More horse power never hurts (but isn't necessary).

Mixed Reviews
By Ana F

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car with the exception of the spoiler. Nissan bolted the spoilers on. Therefore, it will rust! Every one that I have seen has rust. I complained to the dealer and they claimed that it was my fault because I would lift up the hatchback by the spoiler. I baby my cars, I would never do that. Even if I did, there is no place on the hatchback to lift it up unless you have very skinny fingers. Other than that, I love my car. It is fun to drive and has been very reliable. I already have 124,000 miles on it and it's still running strong.

Favorite Features

The acceleration and it's appearance.

Suggested Improvements

The spoiler and better service from the Nissan company.

My dream car!
By Rob Stires

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

Iv'e dreamed of owning a 240SX for years, the car was handed to me with no motor, free of charge. $800.00 for a used, low milage, engine. I put the motor in myself, and the car is a dream. She is only a few steps away from an Auto-Cross racer. The handling is superb and the tourqey truck motor pulls things along nicely. Many have complained of it weather (e.g. snow, rain, etc.) but I have had no complaints as long as you respect the abilities of this car. 155 horsepower not enough? Send her to a performace shop for an engine swap (SR20DET, from the Japanese version) and your sitting at a stout 220HP with room to breathe. A deffinit winner!

Favorite Features

Suspension, Weight Balance, Body Styles

Suggested Improvements

V6 option, Continuation after 1998*. *The vehicle did continue after 98 in Japan with the S15 Silvia. Why didnt Nissan bring her our way? We all make bad decisions right?

This car rocks
By Beef

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for the price, but after i drove it, i realized how lucky i was to have bought it. The handling is out of this world, and it never breaks down. My dad has one too and it has never broken down in the 11 years that he has owned it. I love this car and you will too.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, p/w, p/l, cruise control, great mileage. great body style

Suggested Improvements

n/a

240sx vs. Saab 9-3 hatchback
By Chris near Boston

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

I recently test drove a Saab 9-3 4-door, as a potential family car replacement for my beloved 240. Although the Saab was very fast, it did not handle anything like my 240. A sharp swerve reviels a boat-like quality in the Saab vs. a riding-on-rails feel for the 240. The 240 is also much friendlier at highway speeds that the Saab. The 240's hatch is also much more usable (easier to fold-down seats).

Favorite Features

Reliable and zoomy power train, driver seat, amazing handling, good heat, furniture-swallowing hatchback, 300Z-sibling looks.

Suggested Improvements

More power never hurts, cupholders, cargo net, behind-the-seat pockets, 4-door model, less steering wheel sensitivity to wheel balance, occasional stalls at idle (seasonal fuel changes?), moonroof instead of sunroof, use non-premium fuel.

What a great car!
By mptmalloy

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

I'm the second owner of my 1991 240SX LE. I currently have 190000 miles, and the car still has a lot of power, doesn't burn oil, and it still has the orginal clutch! I bought the car as cheap transportation for the summer, but still cannot get myself to part with it.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Good manuverability, great gas milage, not the fastest car, but what can you expect from a 2.4 ltr engine.

Suggested Improvements

Poor visability out the rear hatch.