1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
my baby car
By nifty50 on 06/28/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Being the original owner, I didn't realize when I bought it what a great car this would be! I love the fact that it still looks great & can turn heads. Regular 3000K oil changes & maintenance = few problems. My mechanic wants to buy this car when/if I sell it.

240SX
By thegame213la on 05/14/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is great to me I had many cars in my past and I have to say the Nissan 240sx is the best overall great performance I got it with tein superstreet coilovers and I put a catback exhaust a dvd and navigation system it has 18" super advans with falken fk452 the interrior looked Nice but I replaced the two front seats with bride racing seats and takata racing harnest the exterrior looked Nice but iadded on the very sexy orgin body kit the original color was red but I repainted it piano black with 12 coats of clear the car not only looks sexy but drives better than it looks

AWESOME FREAKING CAR
By Dirty Phil on 03/05/09 21:59 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is so sweet. I bought it with 150k on it and it has not been giving me problems for the first month that i had it. I bought it with S14 seat and suede door panels and glove box so my interior looks amazing. With my megan racing suspension it handles like a dream. My odometer sticks though so i really don't know how many miles are on the car but its cool KA's are very reliable. Great engine with a great drivetrain and so many mods out there for this car. I love it after owing this for only a month i never want a new car again unless its a 300zx or a skyline.

1991 240sx
By TvM on 10/11/08 00:27 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

Have had this car for almost a year and been in family brand new. The car has been wrecked 4 times 2 major by previous family members and runs great! I had recently been forced into a curb at 50 mph and was still able to drive the car around town. It flat can take a beating. The thing that really hinders the car is its fuel injectors. I am replacing one at least every 2 months.

Great little sports car!
By Steve on 10/08/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, I hit 300k miles and the engine finally died (thrown rod). Original transmission still works, no major repairs were ever needed. I replaced the starter several years ago and a couple brake rotors. That's it! very reliable and zippy car. I'm ready to put in a new engine and start all over again!

Great car so far!
By Michael on 08/26/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! It has 112,000 miles on it and runs like new. Great condition too! It handles great yet runs surprisingly smooth. I've driven sedans bumpier than this car. I love the engine, it sounds great and goes like stink because it's so light and the RWD is a real plus. The only problems are: the a/c selector just above the radio doesn't light up at night, could get better gas mileage, everybody sees you in this car (even police), and (if you have an automatic) the gear selector is right in front of the radio so you have to reach around the lever sometimes to change the station. A very easy car to live with, comfy, loads of room for luggage, and serious street cred!

Love my little red car
By hialea on 11/17/07 16:19 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car to own. It has been very reliable and it's fun to drive. It handles great and the HICAS system means I can make sharp turns to get into parking spaces. As I've gotten older (and more paranoid), I would appreciate adjustable driver's seat and airbags. I think I'll have trouble replacing this car with anything that's near as fun to drive!

Manzo's 240
By manzo on 08/15/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I have had only one problem, the brake master cylinder went out so I had to replace that. I've also started to modify it, full exhaust, intake, sway bars, strut bars, new wheels, took out the bak seats, carbon fiber hood, slotted brakes, lowering springs and a lip kit. Overall the car is great, all my friends want to drive it and I get looks all the time (the good kind)!

Corner carver
By Jonathan on 10/28/05 21:24 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I highly recommend these cars to anyone looking for a fun, reliable car at a great price. I live in the mountains and enjoy my drive down to work and back up every day. The car handles great and is a joy to push hard through the turns. While the engine could stand a few more HP, the torque is good enough that I can carry plenty of speed without the need to downshift. If you need more power to keep you happy, there is an allmost endless supply of aftermarket parts and turbo kits.

Very Happy
By na on 03/21/05 15:58 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

Love this car. I have 153K now and the first thing died (starter). Still running the same everything (belts, hoses, pumps, gaskets, CV joints) and even same clutch. The only thing that's been replaced is the brake pads (same roters), battery, tires, exhaust (Borla now), and light bulbs. Great car that if you take care of it, it will pay you back with a fun reliable ride. I've read about trans issues and I believe that's drivers abuse. If you're patient and gentle with the 1st to 2nd shift it will not brake on you and don't slam the doors and the windows will not break too. I'm starting to see a spot of rust in the wheel well and paint is looking faded, but other than that it's great!