Used 1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

my baby car
By nifty50

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Being the original owner, I didn't realize when I bought it what a great car this would be! I love the fact that it still looks great & can turn heads. Regular 3000K oil changes & maintenance = few problems. My mechanic wants to buy this car when/if I sell it.

Favorite Features

RWD -- powering thru a turn/curve is always fun. Hatchback + fold-down rear seat = lots of cargo room. Smooth, cool styling.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to start making this car again -- there's nothing comparable out there to replace it. Does not need cupholders -- sports cars are for driving, not drinking!

240SX
By thegame213la

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is great to me I had many cars in my past and I have to say the Nissan 240sx is the best overall great performance I got it with tein superstreet coilovers and I put a catback exhaust a dvd and navigation system it has 18" super advans with falken fk452 the interrior looked Nice but I replaced the two front seats with bride racing seats and takata racing harnest the exterrior looked Nice but iadded on the very sexy orgin body kit the original color was red but I repainted it piano black with 12 coats of clear the car not only looks sexy but drives better than it looks

Favorite Features

everything was great and i love the power stering no under steer or over steer

Suggested Improvements

i didnt like the automatic seat belts not my thing!

AWESOME FREAKING CAR
By Dirty Phil

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is so sweet. I bought it with 150k on it and it has not been giving me problems for the first month that i had it. I bought it with S14 seat and suede door panels and glove box so my interior looks amazing. With my megan racing suspension it handles like a dream. My odometer sticks though so i really don't know how many miles are on the car but its cool KA's are very reliable. Great engine with a great drivetrain and so many mods out there for this car. I love it after owing this for only a month i never want a new car again unless its a 300zx or a skyline.

Favorite Features

RWD!! Its so much fun on dry road but so much more in snow. I love the sound of the after market exhaust the engine purrs beautifully. Stick is a must in this car and it makes the car even better. Also it is so light and easy to kick out good weight to power ratio.

Suggested Improvements

First thing is cup holders for sure i wish it had some. More leg room for the back bench. Maybe a little more power. For the S13 definitely some better seat but I already have S14 seats and a leather back bench so its not affecting me but other than that there is really no improvements to be made.

1991 240sx
By TvM

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback

Have had this car for almost a year and been in family brand new. The car has been wrecked 4 times 2 major by previous family members and runs great! I had recently been forced into a curb at 50 mph and was still able to drive the car around town. It flat can take a beating. The thing that really hinders the car is its fuel injectors. I am replacing one at least every 2 months.

Favorite Features

It's quick, low and rear pos. control. The hatchback trunk. Long stretch body style.

Suggested Improvements

A way to repair the fuel injectors once and for all. Better a/c unit i am a water fall in this heat.

Great little sports car!
By Steve

1991 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, I hit 300k miles and the engine finally died (thrown rod). Original transmission still works, no major repairs were ever needed. I replaced the starter several years ago and a couple brake rotors. That's it! very reliable and zippy car. I'm ready to put in a new engine and start all over again!

Favorite Features

Like I said, it's zippy!

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, that rear spoiler is the only "spoiler."