1991 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
my baby car
By nifty50 on 06/28/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Being the original owner, I didn't realize when I bought it what a great car this would be! I love the fact that it still looks great & can turn heads. Regular 3000K oil changes & maintenance = few problems. My mechanic wants to buy this car when/if I sell it.

Great car so far!
By Michael on 08/26/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! It has 112,000 miles on it and runs like new. Great condition too! It handles great yet runs surprisingly smooth. I've driven sedans bumpier than this car. I love the engine, it sounds great and goes like stink because it's so light and the RWD is a real plus. The only problems are: the a/c selector just above the radio doesn't light up at night, could get better gas mileage, everybody sees you in this car (even police), and (if you have an automatic) the gear selector is right in front of the radio so you have to reach around the lever sometimes to change the station. A very easy car to live with, comfy, loads of room for luggage, and serious street cred!

Love my little red car
By hialea on 11/17/07 16:19 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car to own. It has been very reliable and it's fun to drive. It handles great and the HICAS system means I can make sharp turns to get into parking spaces. As I've gotten older (and more paranoid), I would appreciate adjustable driver's seat and airbags. I think I'll have trouble replacing this car with anything that's near as fun to drive!

Manzo's 240
By manzo on 08/15/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I have had only one problem, the brake master cylinder went out so I had to replace that. I've also started to modify it, full exhaust, intake, sway bars, strut bars, new wheels, took out the bak seats, carbon fiber hood, slotted brakes, lowering springs and a lip kit. Overall the car is great, all my friends want to drive it and I get looks all the time (the good kind)!

Fun, quick, and reliable
By buya-ka-sha !!! on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Fun. Peppy but not fast. Holds a lot of stuff. Good looks. Cheesey pop up lights that break and wobble, cheap interior. Clutch went 5 times in 10 years (ouch in the pocket)@$700 a pop.

Only If It Ran
By majax on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

It did pretty good for about the first 1200mi except a radiotor that went out. Then at 149,595mi the engine blew a rod. So it needs a rebuild and all but the resale on the thing is so good that its still worth something dead in the driveway. Also the leather is fallen apart prior owner didnt care for it I guess.

It keeps going, and going, and going...
By Tomas832 on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I now have 156,000 miles on my 240SX and it is showing no signs of slowing down. The performance and fuel efficiency is still very good. And reliable? Never replaced the clutch, no problems with the engine, transmission or other major systems. I just got my first tune up a couple months ago! At this point I'm not trading the car in until I reach at least 200,000 miles.

great but needs work
By dont ask on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

the car is great. fun sporty and nice on the inside. i think it does lack power and aftermarket parts. other then that its has potential.

240sx has a ton of aftermarket upgrade's
By sylence on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Wow, the car is amazing! look great, feels great, sounds great. I just bought the car a few days ago and really didn't know what the car was capiable of.So im on the internet looking for bodykits for the car(im big time in the import scean)so i can hook my car up!. The car, with the bodykits, ONE WORD wwwwwoooooowwwww amazing! and the hp:155 and TQ:160 can be hooked (with aftermarket performance parts)up to be a Hp:5/600 car with TQ:5/580. I'll bet your intrested in the 240sx now!

My beloved
By Fentanyl on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my 240SX since new and its been a great ride. Fit and finish still feels like new. 200000 miles plus and it doesn't burn oil. Hicas system makes the ride a dream for a car in its class. Lots of fun! One of the only cars in its class that's still a rear wheel drive. Highly recommended.