Used 1991 Nissan 240SX SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

my baby car
By nifty50

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Being the original owner, I didn't realize when I bought it what a great car this would be! I love the fact that it still looks great & can turn heads. Regular 3000K oil changes & maintenance = few problems. My mechanic wants to buy this car when/if I sell it.

Favorite Features

RWD -- powering thru a turn/curve is always fun. Hatchback + fold-down rear seat = lots of cargo room. Smooth, cool styling.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to start making this car again -- there's nothing comparable out there to replace it. Does not need cupholders -- sports cars are for driving, not drinking!

Great car so far!
By Michael

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! It has 112,000 miles on it and runs like new. Great condition too! It handles great yet runs surprisingly smooth. I've driven sedans bumpier than this car. I love the engine, it sounds great and goes like stink because it's so light and the RWD is a real plus. The only problems are: the a/c selector just above the radio doesn't light up at night, could get better gas mileage, everybody sees you in this car (even police), and (if you have an automatic) the gear selector is right in front of the radio so you have to reach around the lever sometimes to change the station. A very easy car to live with, comfy, loads of room for luggage, and serious street cred!

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive and the look of the SE Fastback

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system! The stock system maxes out during any bass note. Just put better speakers in. And that darn a/c selector needs to be illuminated somehow!

Love my little red car
By hialea

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car to own. It has been very reliable and it's fun to drive. It handles great and the HICAS system means I can make sharp turns to get into parking spaces. As I've gotten older (and more paranoid), I would appreciate adjustable driver's seat and airbags. I think I'll have trouble replacing this car with anything that's near as fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Bright red color, HICAS steering, moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable lumbar support, front seats. Air bags. Cupholder.

Manzo's 240
By manzo

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I have had only one problem, the brake master cylinder went out so I had to replace that. I've also started to modify it, full exhaust, intake, sway bars, strut bars, new wheels, took out the bak seats, carbon fiber hood, slotted brakes, lowering springs and a lip kit. Overall the car is great, all my friends want to drive it and I get looks all the time (the good kind)!

Favorite Features

Light weight, handling, and virtually limitless modification possibility.

Suggested Improvements

Big turbo.

Fun, quick, and reliable
By buya-ka-sha !!!

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Fun. Peppy but not fast. Holds a lot of stuff. Good looks. Cheesey pop up lights that break and wobble, cheap interior. Clutch went 5 times in 10 years (ouch in the pocket)@$700 a pop.

Favorite Features

Body style and Super white color. Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Better hydraulic clutch system.