Used 1991 Nissan 240SX SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

1991 240sx coupe.
By geoff Llewellyn

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

i got this mainly because i can't stand the look of many other cars that i could afford. not to mention, this is one of the funnest cars to drive i have ever driven. cheap, pretty reliable, and absolutely fun to drive. i have to admit, there are lots of things that you WILL break because you will drive this hard. but, with such support it'll be an easy replacement, although, parts could cost quite a bit if you aren't too carefull. and being the last of the RWD japanese imports out there, this one is one of the best in my opinion.

RWD! good handling. lots of support, plenty of people who share an interest.

first off, what good would imporvements be? they stopped production of this in 93/94 and changed body styles. BUT if i could, i would ask for a better engine (sr20det). do something about the slight understear it seems to get with stock. more leg and foot room and A CUP HOLDER!

Fun Car!
By Phillip

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

This car is sooo much fun to drive! Its a great car for someone wanting a small sports car. The fitment is just right for a shorter person, the torquey motor has power anywhere below 5500RPM, and handles like a dream for a cheaper stock car. Aftermarket parts are plentiful. Finding stock replacement parts can be a pain since its a rarer car, but its definitely worth the search. Even after the major tune-up I gave the car, the fuel economy is still not the best, but the trade-off is worth it.

Power Sun-roof, cruise control, rear- wheel drive.

Gas mileage, keep the O2 sensor in good condition (they are cheap though).

fun to drive
By markjack2

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

if you take care of this car it will last almost forever. i had fun times with the rear wheel drive and the body style still doenst look old.

rwd, stick shift,and the lights

cup holder would have been nice and a more powerful engine.

Reliable and Fun
By lm999

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

My father bought this car in September of 1991, I was 14 at the time, and I couldn't wait until I got my driver's license. Twelve years later he purchased a new car and I inherited the 240. Twelve years later the car still runs like a dream. She just passed inspection with flying colors. This car has over 250,000 miles on the original clutch and enough HP to satisfy most. I will miss this car dearly when it's time for me to buy my own new car.

Manual transmission, head's up display (sorry this idea never caught on), stylish body (even twelve years later)

cup holders would have been nice (coffee spilled all over the interior)

240SX - a god among cars
By s13garage.com

1991 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Coupe

The s13 240SX (1989-1994) is easily one of my favorite cars. When taken care of, they will last a very long time. At 150,000 miles I put on an aftermarket turbo charger and the car is still running strong. I put out about 240 HP at the crank, soon to be close to 300 HP. The car has taken all my abuse very well. The handiling is awesome and RWD is great!

RWD, great handiling

more powerful stock engine would have been better... (SR20DET...?)