1991 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
240SX
By thegame213la on 05/14/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is great to me I had many cars in my past and I have to say the Nissan 240sx is the best overall great performance I got it with tein superstreet coilovers and I put a catback exhaust a dvd and navigation system it has 18" super advans with falken fk452 the interrior looked Nice but I replaced the two front seats with bride racing seats and takata racing harnest the exterrior looked Nice but iadded on the very sexy orgin body kit the original color was red but I repainted it piano black with 12 coats of clear the car not only looks sexy but drives better than it looks

AWESOME FREAKING CAR
By Dirty Phil on 03/05/09 21:59 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

This car is so sweet. I bought it with 150k on it and it has not been giving me problems for the first month that i had it. I bought it with S14 seat and suede door panels and glove box so my interior looks amazing. With my megan racing suspension it handles like a dream. My odometer sticks though so i really don't know how many miles are on the car but its cool KA's are very reliable. Great engine with a great drivetrain and so many mods out there for this car. I love it after owing this for only a month i never want a new car again unless its a 300zx or a skyline.

1991 240sx
By TvM on 10/11/08 00:27 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

Have had this car for almost a year and been in family brand new. The car has been wrecked 4 times 2 major by previous family members and runs great! I had recently been forced into a curb at 50 mph and was still able to drive the car around town. It flat can take a beating. The thing that really hinders the car is its fuel injectors. I am replacing one at least every 2 months.

Very Happy
By na on 03/21/05 15:58 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

Love this car. I have 153K now and the first thing died (starter). Still running the same everything (belts, hoses, pumps, gaskets, CV joints) and even same clutch. The only thing that's been replaced is the brake pads (same roters), battery, tires, exhaust (Borla now), and light bulbs. Great car that if you take care of it, it will pay you back with a fun reliable ride. I've read about trans issues and I believe that's drivers abuse. If you're patient and gentle with the 1st to 2nd shift it will not brake on you and don't slam the doors and the windows will not break too. I'm starting to see a spot of rust in the wheel well and paint is looking faded, but other than that it's great!

Mixed Reviews
By Ana F on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car with the exception of the spoiler. Nissan bolted the spoilers on. Therefore, it will rust! Every one that I have seen has rust. I complained to the dealer and they claimed that it was my fault because I would lift up the hatchback by the spoiler. I baby my cars, I would never do that. Even if I did, there is no place on the hatchback to lift it up unless you have very skinny fingers. Other than that, I love my car. It is fun to drive and has been very reliable. I already have 124,000 miles on it and it's still running strong.

My dream car!
By Rob Stires on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

Iv'e dreamed of owning a 240SX for years, the car was handed to me with no motor, free of charge. $800.00 for a used, low milage, engine. I put the motor in myself, and the car is a dream. She is only a few steps away from an Auto-Cross racer. The handling is superb and the tourqey truck motor pulls things along nicely. Many have complained of it weather (e.g. snow, rain, etc.) but I have had no complaints as long as you respect the abilities of this car. 155 horsepower not enough? Send her to a performace shop for an engine swap (SR20DET, from the Japanese version) and your sitting at a stout 220HP with room to breathe. A deffinit winner!

This car rocks
By Beef on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for the price, but after i drove it, i realized how lucky i was to have bought it. The handling is out of this world, and it never breaks down. My dad has one too and it has never broken down in the 11 years that he has owned it. I love this car and you will too.

240sx vs. Saab 9-3 hatchback
By Chris near Boston on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

I recently test drove a Saab 9-3 4-door, as a potential family car replacement for my beloved 240. Although the Saab was very fast, it did not handle anything like my 240. A sharp swerve reviels a boat-like quality in the Saab vs. a riding-on-rails feel for the 240. The 240 is also much friendlier at highway speeds that the Saab. The 240's hatch is also much more usable (easier to fold-down seats).

What a great car!
By mptmalloy on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan 240SX LE 2dr Hatchback

I'm the second owner of my 1991 240SX LE. I currently have 190000 miles, and the car still has a lot of power, doesn't burn oil, and it still has the orginal clutch! I bought the car as cheap transportation for the summer, but still cannot get myself to part with it.