My First Car
By phoenix_fire240sx on
1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback
My 240SX has been a dependable and sporty means of transprotation. Performance is good stock. Handling is awesome, but acceleration is disappointing. Potential performance is really high in all areas. Its comfortable to drive with a well- placed shifter and good seats. Fuel economy is so-so. It's fun to drive with rear-wheel drive, and the torquey engine makes it feel more fun. The interior is well-designed, and exterior styling is great (love the sleek fastback look and the flip-up lights). The build quality is very good, only a bit of rust on the bottom hatch, and its extremly reliable; it was cared for with 125k miles, and if I continue, I'd expect 200k.
Favorite Features
RWD and extremly good handling but the ride isn't too bad either. Great performace potential (get a SR20DET). Nice interior design/layout and nice stock shifter. Nice exterior styling even for a car designed in the late 80s. Stock engine is very torquey (for a 4- cylinder).
Suggested Improvements
Limited-slip differential std on all 240SXs. More horsepower (they should have had the SR20DET engine). Stock 0-60 acceleration is about 8.7 seconds (with the stock engine (KA24E) and a stick). Doesn't do good in bad weather (an LSD and appropriate tires would help).