All around perfect car...
By jamiedsmith on
1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback
My first car was a black 1990 model 240SX with the five speed manual transmission. It had 170K miles on it and was twelve years old. I drove the car for five years with minimal repairs. When I sold the car it had $260K miles on it and was in rough shape. It still drove and shifted perfectly, but the headlights would not longer go down, the paint was peeling off the car in chunks, and the seats were comming appart. If I could do things over, I would have kept the car and invested the money I threw away on a newer Hyundai in it.
Favorite Features
Rear Wheel Drive + Standard Transmission = The Perfect Car Peek-A-Boo Headlights Fun to Drive! Great Gas Mileage and Plenty of Power!
Suggested Improvements
I wish Nissan was still building this car! A four door model would be nice, too!
By vklee123
on 06/24/14 11:49 AM (PDT)

I agree with you 100% on keeping the 240SX. I have a 1989 240SX bought brand new. In a few instance, I almost sold it since a few kids wanted to buy my car. It has 110,000 miles on it. I recently spent US$6,000 to repair minor rust, change spring coils, shocks, audio deck, speakers, major tune-up and has a nice paint job on it. Oh my god, it looks like brand new and I really love its style with pop-up lights and the way it drives. With the new coil springs, it is lowered by 1.5 inches and it drives very nice in turning corners. The car is lowe US$6000 is quite a bit of money but I know I have a classic car that should last for another 10 years. It took me 3 years to make the decision and it was the best decision.