Used 1990 Nissan 240SX SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan 240sx - Consumer Reviews

1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback

SE 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (27 reviews )

All around perfect car...
By jamiedsmith

1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My first car was a black 1990 model 240SX with the five speed manual transmission. It had 170K miles on it and was twelve years old. I drove the car for five years with minimal repairs. When I sold the car it had $260K miles on it and was in rough shape. It still drove and shifted perfectly, but the headlights would not longer go down, the paint was peeling off the car in chunks, and the seats were comming appart. If I could do things over, I would have kept the car and invested the money I threw away on a newer Hyundai in it.

Favorite Features

Rear Wheel Drive + Standard Transmission = The Perfect Car Peek-A-Boo Headlights Fun to Drive! Great Gas Mileage and Plenty of Power!

Suggested Improvements

I wish Nissan was still building this car! A four door model would be nice, too!

Very responsive
By meathead

1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My Mom gave me this car with 120k miles on it. I have been performing all the maintenance myself, and it has been super reliable. It's got 212k miles on it now and it's still running strong. I only slightly upgraded the suspension to tokico but left the stock wheels on it. The handling is precise and immediate. When you want to turn it turns without the big sedan/SUV lean. When you want to go, you put it in gear and release the clutch, without the automatic tranny lunge. When you want to speed up quickly, downshift and go. I have been looking for a new car, but I cannot find one on the market with this kind of performance. I think the weight of the car is a huge factor.

Favorite Features

precise handling firm suspension low to the ground gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Turbo

240sx
By srboy

1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Great base for any car lover and someone who wants to start drifting/racing.

Favorite Features

clean simple dash, rwd

Suggested Improvements

SR20DET Swap, Coilovers

My 240sx Review
By JPereda

1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

i have had this car for a yr and so far is a really fun car to drive, it's a head turner, every where u go, everyone knows wat time of car it is because they don't make them anymore, to me its a special car n up to this point i wouldn't get rid of it for anything, it has been my first can since i started driving it and i love the fact that being the yr that it is its great and performs great just like if it was new

Favorite Features

the fact that its rear wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

they should've put an limited slip differential because the car has a lot of power

90 240sx
By Chris

1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

i love this car. starts out as a pretty decent car but with mods this car goes far and becomes an amazing car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

the stock seats are pretty lame and the stock shocks and springs are way to soft but i guess that is why the ride is pretty nice and soft to start with.