1990 Nissan 240SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:
All around perfect car...
By jamiedsmith on 12/16/10 07:42 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

My first car was a black 1990 model 240SX with the five speed manual transmission. It had 170K miles on it and was twelve years old. I drove the car for five years with minimal repairs. When I sold the car it had $260K miles on it and was in rough shape. It still drove and shifted perfectly, but the headlights would not longer go down, the paint was peeling off the car in chunks, and the seats were comming appart. If I could do things over, I would have kept the car and invested the money I threw away on a newer Hyundai in it.

Very responsive
By meathead on 12/02/09 15:33 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

My Mom gave me this car with 120k miles on it. I have been performing all the maintenance myself, and it has been super reliable. It's got 212k miles on it now and it's still running strong. I only slightly upgraded the suspension to tokico but left the stock wheels on it. The handling is precise and immediate. When you want to turn it turns without the big sedan/SUV lean. When you want to go, you put it in gear and release the clutch, without the automatic tranny lunge. When you want to speed up quickly, downshift and go. I have been looking for a new car, but I cannot find one on the market with this kind of performance. I think the weight of the car is a huge factor.

240sx
By srboy on 11/03/09 10:23 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Great base for any car lover and someone who wants to start drifting/racing.

My 240sx Review
By JPereda on 03/21/07 16:31 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

i have had this car for a yr and so far is a really fun car to drive, it's a head turner, every where u go, everyone knows wat time of car it is because they don't make them anymore, to me its a special car n up to this point i wouldn't get rid of it for anything, it has been my first can since i started driving it and i love the fact that being the yr that it is its great and performs great just like if it was new

90 240sx
By Chris on 03/11/07 22:49 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

i love this car. starts out as a pretty decent car but with mods this car goes far and becomes an amazing car to drive.

the greatest car ever
By jarron on 03/10/07 09:48 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

these cars are a force to be reckoned with, whoever designed these cars needs a big hug. i've only had one problem, a leaky injector

1990 240sx SE
By ir0ck on 01/27/06 22:26 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

Love the car to 220,000 miles :) Strengths : Handling is awesome, turning radius can't be beat. 12 valve Engine is reliable mechanically, with very few problems electrically, a timing CHAIN !! Rear wheel drive that makes the car a DREAM to drive on dry pavement. Good Cali car. Weaknesses: 1. Exhaust manifold bolts @ 60,000 and 120,000 mi. :( 2. Slippery on wet pavement when accelerating forward, side slip negligable on corners @ 70mph wet. 3. Injectors leaking badly at 125,000 :( 4. Sensors, fan clutch and radiator replaced at 100,000 mi. :| 5. Timing chain changed at an astounding 150,000 miles :) 6. 210,000 mi. front seat broke. :| 7. front oil seal @ 100,000 :| Nice car, worth it :)

Great car...
By Jamie on 12/22/05 11:33 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car. I love the feel of a rear wheel drive car and the stick makes it fun to drive. It isn't the fastest thing in the world, but does hold its own. It was never meant for more than one passenger. The paint is faded and peeling and the interior is ripping, but the car is after all sixteen years old. Mechanical problems have been minimal and easily and inexpensively fixed.

Fun to Drive.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Dave240SX on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my 240 for 3 yrs and it still is tearin it up. These cars sound great with a system and it is the coolest car to modify in the world! I love rear wheel drive. Why is it again that they stopped making these?

high mileage 1990 240sx
By AddRoc10 on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan 240SX SE 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my 240sx for 2 years now, havn't had any engine problems, just electrical which was expected (altenator, starter). Since I have owned it, I've installed a centerforce clutch (excellent for car), kyb rear struts, injen air intake, sumitomo tires, and a sports exhaust along with the 2 resignators removed. (a very loud 4-cylinder) The one engine problem I am dissapointed in is that there has been a small fuel leak out of 2 of the fuel injectors, everytime I start the car, a small amount of fuel leaks out the injectors. Overall I am proud of my 240, the rear wheel drive made this car very fun.