1998 Nissan 200SX Consumer Review: Good except for electrical gli

1998 Nissan 200SX - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good except for electrical glitches
By FUN200SX on

1998 Nissan 200SX 2dr Coupe

I had my 98 Nissan 200SX for 5 years and bought it new. Problems were: (1) Electrical glitches: cigarette lighter doesn't work, CD eject button only works when car is off, replace circuit board that controls fan/AC level, and light in automatic gear switchbox that erratically went on and off. Keep in mind that this is over a 5 year period, and the glitches were fairly minor. My mother owned a 97 Altima that also had some wacky electrical issues. Does Nissan have a problem with this? (2) Problems due to living in New Orleans (with its horrible roads) and not the fault of the car: Broken oil pan, cracked brake drums.

Good gas mileage with a sporty feel. Rear spoiler a standard feature (since I liked it but wouldn't have payed out more money to get it as an option.) Pretty roomy for my 6'5" frame.

Irrelevant since line has been discontinued. My suggestion is that Nissan look into the "afforable coupe" market again. I had to pass them by this time since they had no sub-$25,000 Coupe (unlike Acura, Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, and others.)