Used 1998 Nissan 200SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:

Still love my car after 11 years
By CapsHockeyFan

1998 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I've been very happy with this car that looks just like the one pictured :) It's going strong after 11 years and 128,000 miles, with little maintenance. I have had some minor repairs done, but it beats having to buy a new car.

my favorite features of my car are the power windows, sunroof, and spoiler

none

Great car overall
By my200sxowns

1998 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 2 years now and she's running fine so far. One of the obvious yet best things about this car is the gas mileage. When it comes to tuning, there aren't a ton of mods out there for it, but you can purchase mods for a 95-98 Sentra with the same engine size and type and it'll be fine. So far I've got a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, and street springs. Performance was a little lackluster stock, but when modified... well, I'm left speechless. Great car and lightweight as well.

Smooth shifting (manual trans.), gas mileage, handling when cornering

Increased comfortability for seats, hydraulic clutch and shorter shifting would be very nice.

Ten Years and still going strong!
By Marty

1998 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have 201,189 miles on my car. I replaced the computer chip, kind of expensive. But, overall just standard maintenance, tires, oil, brakes and 1 battery. Starts always! Not very fast, but once it gets up to speed, you can lock the cruise at 80 and go. Averages 36 mpg!! I think I will keep it until it falls apart, or 500,000 which ever comes first.

Gas mileage! Gas mileage! 36 MPG.

N/A do not make anymore, but they can be found. I might buy another for a spare!

Solid Car for 10 years
By Aj

1998 Nissan 200SX 2dr Coupe

I'm the orignal owner with 105k on it so far and have had barely a single problem the car. I replaced the alternator at 56K and o/w nothing but routine maintenance. Good handling on curves and mountains. Good visibility but some wind noise. No power locks or windows to break - manual works. Smooth shifting and decent acceleration.

After 10 years, it (5-manual) gets 32-35 in the city and 40+ on the highway. Easy to park in the city.

Cheapest model, but the fronts seats are relatively uncomfortable for long drives and the back seats are quickly uncomfortable. Let the back seat fold down! Storage is severely limited.

200SX Review
By NissanGuy

1998 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I'm on my 8th year of owning my 200SX and still look forward to driving it every morning. It's fast, fuel efficient, spacious (I carpool with 3 other guys), and well-designed. And best of all, it's not one of those dime-a-dozen compacts you see on the roads everyday. I've brought it in for regular maintenance and have had no problems with it at all. The engine has a deep, confident tone, and the ride is smooth and controlled. The only poorly designed feature is the placement of the cup holder - which blocks the radio buttons when in use. All in all, a great value for those looking for an efficient commuter car.