1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
Solid Car for 10 years
By Aj on 10/09/07 06:42 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I'm the orignal owner with 105k on it so far and have had barely a single problem the car. I replaced the alternator at 56K and o/w nothing but routine maintenance. Good handling on curves and mountains. Good visibility but some wind noise. No power locks or windows to break - manual works. Smooth shifting and decent acceleration.

Fun To Drive Yet Economical
By TheRussian on 08/07/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I got tired of my week 2Liter Ford Escort Sport Se, and I must say this thing is awesomely powerful, even though the engine is only 1.6... I took civics and focus without much effort. I would like to get the SE-R for the 4 wheel disc breaks, more power, but at the cost of gas mileage, power windows/doors and sun/moon roof. I wouldn't mind a 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, but they are still to expensive and most likely will be cop magnets, thats why I whant a '98 SE-R, because no one expects to much out of it. Great Car highly recommended for everyone! I Have a black car, with a custom grill, grey seat covers, the car looks awesome!

Surprisingly Fun Yet Practical Car
By ReVerm on 02/07/05 11:26 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

The lightweight manual transmission base model, despite not having significant amounts of power, is still fun to drive. Although its somewhat tall stance and small brake rotors may suggest otherwise, this vehicle is capable of some very spirited driving. Interior cabin space is very good, visibility is excellent, and highway mileage is impressive (I often average 38 mpg on mostly highway driving). I would reccomend this car to younger drivers who want a fun small car that can still comfortably carry their friends and their overnight bags.

Good except for electrical glitches
By FUN200SX on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had my 98 Nissan 200SX for 5 years and bought it new. Problems were: (1) Electrical glitches: cigarette lighter doesn't work, CD eject button only works when car is off, replace circuit board that controls fan/AC level, and light in automatic gear switchbox that erratically went on and off. Keep in mind that this is over a 5 year period, and the glitches were fairly minor. My mother owned a 97 Altima that also had some wacky electrical issues. Does Nissan have a problem with this? (2) Problems due to living in New Orleans (with its horrible roads) and not the fault of the car: Broken oil pan, cracked brake drums.

Tim loves his 200
By tim33 on 03/02/02 15:35 PM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my little 200sx, it only has the 1.6 engine but still has good pick up when it's only me with 1 passenger. more than that and i do notice that i have a small engine. i find it comfortable and all controles are excesible. but i did need to have the rack & pin replaced before the warrenty was up.

My Car
By Nissan Driver on 03/02/02 00:14 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have been very happy with the performance of my car. The only thing wrong with the car is that it isn't to roomy.