1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
Nissan 200SX SE-R
By J.Brink on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I love it! It is very reliable and even though it has a smaller engine then my last car, it is very peppy!

Nice Car!
By Yekitsu on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

200SX is a great car for young people who doesn't have the money for a luxury sports car. With little mods it can be turned into a sportier coupe, just replace it's 14 inchers with 16's and you got a new powerful look!!. No mechanical/electrical problems experienced.

good sporty commuter cars
By m- on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

My wife and I bought the SE-R in 2001 for a commuter for her. In two years and nearly 35,000 miles there's not been a bit of trouble. We're nearing 90K now and our mechanic said the little guy is doing great. Lot of fun on the road; the light body and 2-liter engine make driving in traffic a bit more fun and it handles very well. I'm 6'-3" tall and sitting in it works fine but getting in and out it a bit of chore when you're bigger.

Dependable, fun to drive
By M.L. S. on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought the car new in '98. Had several problems when new, but once they were fixed by the dealer, the car has proven very reliable, fun to drive and has held up exceptionally well. Initial problems included leaking freeze plug, broken clip inside the steering wheel. Dealer corrected all problems.

200sxser
By 200sxser on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

Great car. Fast, powerful (weight to horse power ratio) and excellent quality. Made several trips south of the border) at full power for hours (just shy of the speed limiter) without any problems at all. My former US cars rattled since new and I did not trust the engines for long hours in high rpms. The car still feels like new. Engine, suspension and shocks are amazingly perfect after 60000 miles. We had a 95 Mustang GT and it was as fast as it but for the speed limiter. Very civilized, excellent sound system, and an excellent purchase.

Bring the 2 door car back please!
By ji'yon on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car styling has some promise, my husband replaced the 15 alloy wheels with 16 -6.5. Made some subtle changes in appearancce to the front wheel wells. By no means does this car look like a flaming,write me a ticket officer car, it's a sleeper. Very stealthy. If nissan is listening (hellooo) they should bring the 200sx se-r with the newer drivetrain/engine in the sentras of today, call it a limited edition, but don't prostitute the car with flaming model indicators of the new sentra's se-R, it looks ridiculous. If they were to think of bringing back the 200sx se-r styling, target the consumers of the 30 yr on up crowd, this would indeed be a winner.

I Love My Car!
By JMN on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is SO fun to drive! My boyfriend and I almost always take my car on road trips because we both enjoy driving it so much! I have also ridden as a passenger in the back seat, and was amazed at how much room I had - even the head rests are comfortable! It has a lot of energy and is the perfect car for me.

Fast, Roomie, Where do I put my drink?
By iNGEN on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

All around an excellent car. Great handling, good acceleration. Gas mileage is a little disappointing, but not altogether bad.

SE-R
By Tony44 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

It's great No problems as long as you keep the car up!

Tons of fun
By soxbhere on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

This has been a great car. It's a ton of fun to drive. Responsive, quick, reliable, quick, fun, and quick! Good factory stereo, moon roof, comfortable seats, and quick. Did I mention "Quick"?