1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
Still love my car after 11 years
By CapsHockeyFan on 06/18/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've been very happy with this car that looks just like the one pictured :) It's going strong after 11 years and 128,000 miles, with little maintenance. I have had some minor repairs done, but it beats having to buy a new car.

Great car overall
By my200sxowns on 09/25/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 2 years now and she's running fine so far. One of the obvious yet best things about this car is the gas mileage. When it comes to tuning, there aren't a ton of mods out there for it, but you can purchase mods for a 95-98 Sentra with the same engine size and type and it'll be fine. So far I've got a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, and street springs. Performance was a little lackluster stock, but when modified... well, I'm left speechless. Great car and lightweight as well.

Ten Years and still going strong!
By Marty on 05/29/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have 201,189 miles on my car. I replaced the computer chip, kind of expensive. But, overall just standard maintenance, tires, oil, brakes and 1 battery. Starts always! Not very fast, but once it gets up to speed, you can lock the cruise at 80 and go. Averages 36 mpg!! I think I will keep it until it falls apart, or 500,000 which ever comes first.

200SX Review
By NissanGuy on 01/10/07 21:27 PM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I'm on my 8th year of owning my 200SX and still look forward to driving it every morning. It's fast, fuel efficient, spacious (I carpool with 3 other guys), and well-designed. And best of all, it's not one of those dime-a-dozen compacts you see on the roads everyday. I've brought it in for regular maintenance and have had no problems with it at all. The engine has a deep, confident tone, and the ride is smooth and controlled. The only poorly designed feature is the placement of the cup holder - which blocks the radio buttons when in use. All in all, a great value for those looking for an efficient commuter car.

Like a good friend, reliable and fun.
By me on 06/10/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

When trying to buy a car for a high school teenager, one must always take into their "need" for a fast and good looking car. This car I believe has good looks and although it won't beat any decent DSM's it's handling is superb, and to add to that it is the most reliable car I have ever known. Nissan builds cars like rocks, and spin down the block solidifies this. The transmission in this car is incredible, everything is point to point, no "grey gears" to felt. While in a race this car may never keep up with those DSM's it will defintely outlast them, plus just remember who has working AC.

"Personalized Puddle Jumper" - My mom
By Gooz14 on 05/23/05 04:44 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Each person who buys a car has varied expectations out of their purchase. My scenario: recently a 16-year old high schooler car enthusiast who payed for everything but the initial price. Performance: never whiny free revving engine with 5 speed, ok acceleration at high revs, shifting never sloppy. Cost and Upkeep: BEST part of the car. 30+ mpg very spirited driving, no unexpected repairs w/ normal maintenance. Aesthetics(inside and outside): overall above average function and placement but kinda plain. Add some zest with seat covers, speakers, neon or whatever to PERSONALIZE! I had 3 minor crashes to body and chassis which never changed how it drove..EVER. Would drive it, but totalled

Great Commuter car
By machua on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I love my 200sx because it is reliable, spanky(notreally powerful)but averages 30mpg on gas. it is well built and put together and I love it. The only problem I've had so far is oil leak due to a faulty valve cover which was fixed for under $200 and the annoying check engine light that my mechanic cannot figure out. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable transport that won't drain the bank account.

good fuel effeicent car
By d. scott on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

this car it sporty in look, but has little pick power when you intially hit the gas, even as a standard, my automatic '92 escort had more power. But it flys down the road easy reach high speeds, it is very fuel effiecent with little maintance.

Like it!
By 200SX owner on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This car is very reliable. It is perfect for one or two people, but I would not recommend it for a family.

NEEDS HYDRAULIC CLUTCH !!!!
By DV on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This is a GREAT car, but it needs to get with the times. A 1998 should have a hydraulic clutch, not a crappy cable clutch. All of you people that like the mushy clutch in this car, this is probably your first stick shift car. Believe me, after you have driven a hydraulic clutch there's no going back. Hydraulic is better performance, stiff with good pressure for easy take off out of first gear.